Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2005, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Voice Mail

What does your Voicemail say when a customer calls and you are unable to answer?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Hello,
You have reached ***** ***** Lawn Care. We are unable to take your call at this time, please leave your name and telephone number and your call will be returned. ****** ****** appreciates your business, thank you for calling.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hi you have reached michael ****** and mikes lawn service, i am unable to take your call at this time but if you leave a message i will get back to you as soon as possible, thanks and have a nice day.

I.M. me sometime if you get a chance: my screen name is mcwlandscaping

oh, this is on my cell and at home except at home it has the family name instead of my name.

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 08-21-2005, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hello, thank you for calling _and_ Lawncare our services include residential and commercial weekly lawn maintenance, landscaping, mulch delivery and installation and everything in between, this months special is xyz, please leave your name and # and someone will return your call within 30 minutes, thanks again for calling _and_ Lawncare.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 08-21-2005, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always thought of changing my voicemail and offer some kind of deal. Because most customers will leave a message and call another company.

So like.......If we dont return your call by 6 P.M your 5th cut is free, or something of that sort

Any thoughts???
Old 08-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatz100
ISo like.......If we dont return your call by 6 P.M your 5th cut is free, or something of that sort

Any thoughts???
I don't like pressure like that.. since I am the one to handle all phone calls, I know that things can happen, and i might not be able to call back by 6PM. Then what? Then we'd be forced to give a cut away? Nah, I'm not that keen on that idea. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatz100
I have always thought of changing my voicemail and offer some kind of deal. Because most customers will leave a message and call another company.

So like.......If we dont return your call by 6 P.M your 5th cut is free, or something of that sort

Any thoughts???
Very interesting concept. I would need to think about it some more to give a definate answer
Might want to offer a discount instead IE
If we do not return your call within 1 hr then we will offer you 10% off the price of your first mow or for installations it could be 2nd fert 50% off.
Seems to be a lot of possability to the idea, but would the potential customer want to wait to see if the discount amounted to enough to justify the wait
Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have millions of ideas for my business, but it takes a while for me to think out the good ones.....
Old 08-22-2005, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
Very interesting concept. I would need to think about it some more to give a definate answer
Might want to offer a discount instead IE
If we do not return your call within 1 hr then we will offer you 10% off the price of your first mow or for installations it could be 2nd fert 50% off.
Seems to be a lot of possability to the idea, but would the potential customer want to wait to see if the discount amounted to enough to justify the wait
I'm starting up the firewood ads again this week. I've never thought about giving someone a price break before.

I do have my phone on me 100% of the time, on vibrate, but once in a great while you hit a yard that's in a slight dead spot.

I've even had it where I couldn't dig my phone out of my pocket fast enough, the call went to voicemail, and before I could call the ID number back, they were already calling another firewood guy.

I think I'll try the 10% deal within the hour.

That'll drop the price from $115 to $105 or so if I don't return the call for 4'x8'x16".
Old 08-22-2005, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[B]Hi, you've reached Jim Lewis at Lewis Landscape Services. It's spring-time and it's our busiest time of the year. And often I don't get a chance to return messages until evening. So please leave me a daytime as well as an evening phone number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. BEEP. [B]

I've had that message since about March 15th. I haven't gotten around to changing it to say summer-time yet. And it's probably just as well because people just assume I've been too busy to worry about it - which is true.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon