Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First time this year

We are doing a tree lot this year. First time. We have a good location and have scheduled a tent for the small stuff and extras. Sort of a mini Christmas shop for add on sales. Is there anything special that we should keep in mind as we move forward. Our lot will run from Nov 15 to December 24.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

From what i have found is that the more you decorate the lot the more those ladies want to spend

did you guys get that fax i sent down to you?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sell good stands and offer delivery

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 08-23-2005, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

First timer

I have been selling trees for a few years now and I will never not sell them again. We have had nothing but success with our tree lots. If I was going to give advice I would say stick with the #1 and #2 grade trees anything less than that and people will know you are trying to sell them junk. Also check outwww.treeteck.com look at the tree driller it is a little investment but it will keep you customes coming back year after year. They are nic epeople and will be able to guide you along the way.
Malvern, Pa 19355
610-590-0150
---------------------------------------------------

Some people are like Slinkies--- Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you get the trees? Do you grow them yourself? Is there a supplier you buy from? What is the average markup? If there are suppliers that you know of can you PM their names or websites? Sorry so many questions sounds like an interesting prospect.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

X mas trees

There is a web site You can do a search it is the Pennsylvania Christmas tree growers association. I personally use Tuckaway Tree farm they are located in McAlevy's Fort, Pa. I have their numer in my other office I will try to get it for you. What part of Ohio are you from? How close are you to state college, Pa?
Malvern, Pa 19355
610-590-0150
---------------------------------------------------

Some people are like Slinkies--- Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys that are going to do this, can someone post a little per tree price, delivery charge, how they are setting up? I would love to rent a little spot on the drag for thanksgiving till xmas. Need a little info. though.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imulchmore
There is a web site You can do a search it is the Pennsylvania Christmas tree growers association. I personally use Tuckaway Tree farm they are located in McAlevy's Fort, Pa. I have their numer in my other office I will try to get it for you. What part of Ohio are you from? How close are you to state college, Pa?
I am in Southern Ohio. I assume PA is home to many more tree farms than Ohio. I have requested info from the PA Tree Growers Association. I found the number to several tree farms and will give them a call tomorrow.

It is probably too late to get a lot of the ground for this Christmas -What do you think?

Is there a secret to securing lots and how much lot rent should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqnine44
Where do you get the trees? Do you grow them yourself? Is there a supplier you buy from? What is the average markup? If there are suppliers that you know of can you PM their names or websites? Sorry so many questions sounds like an interesting prospect.
you have to buy your trees from a tree farmer. most inportantly they need to have top notch stuff. otherwise you wont make the sale. markup need to stay consistant with you area, most of the time it is double what you paid wholesale for.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Try doing a google search for wholesale Christmas tree sales. There are a lot of vendors out there. We are looking for quality.