Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Big Vic, Prices vary with the tree grade they are as follows:

Single#1 grade- sometimes call premium or ultra. This is a medium to heavy brush density treee with no major defects on any side.

Flare#2 Grade- This also is a medium to heavy brush density tree. This tree may have one or two minor open spots or somewhat lighter brush density.

Choise #3 grade- This is a great tree for those seeking intermediate density, yet good symmetry and appearance. This is a good tree for the money. It is also the tree which you can combat the wholesale wharehouse trade, as these trees are priced right, fresh and have consistent quality.

Bale grade- This is an economy class tree witha light brush density and a more natural look. This is the traditional Christmas tree. This grade usually contains 2 or 3 tree per bale depending on height range. (a.k.a. the charlie brown tree)

Also if you plan on doing trees I would suggest you look into Roping, Garland, Wreaths
Malvern, Pa 19355
610-590-0150
---------------------------------------------------

Some people are like Slinkies--- Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you find it hard to compete with the Home depots trees and low prices, I think 19.99- $35.00 tops. Or does a better quality tree beat them. I thought about trying trees,my landscape yard is on a main road and would be perfect. However, two Home Depots in probably 7 mile radius.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizeprop
Do you find it hard to compete with the Home depots trees and low prices, I think 19.99- $35.00 tops. Or does a better quality tree beat them. I thought about trying trees,my landscape yard is on a main road and would be perfect. However, two Home Depots in probably 7 mile radius.
home depot and lowes have commercial gradetrees. the trees arent as full and arent as pretty of tree. that is how they can sell them so cheap. most of your lots are going to have a grade a tree. put it this way. lowes and depot sell pintos and gremlins. the lots sell jaguars and bmw's
Old 09-09-2005, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabyscapes
home depot and lowes have commercial gradetrees. the trees arent as full and arent as pretty of tree. that is how they can sell them so cheap. most of your lots are going to have a grade a tree. put it this way. lowes and depot sell pintos and gremlins. the lots sell jaguars and bmw's
Thanks for the info.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

the most important principle to remember is: if you accept and cash a check for some merchandise (trees or chemicals) then you should make sure that item is properly delivered to the paying party or refund their money if you fail to complete the transaction. Being true to your word is always better than being dishonest in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Christmas trees are cash and carry (or delivery and setup on the larger--12' and up trees.) no checks they bounce.... :blob3:
Old 09-24-2005, 03:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

drilling machine and like stands are the best.. btw.. reusable and like someone said will have the customers coming back year after year...

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 09-24-2005, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What gets me all bound up is the other guy who drags along with his order. thus messing my delivery schedule up and possibly delaying my retail lot. man sometimes it really burns me. but what do you do? just take the order and deliver away. most of the time its with new buyers and by the next year rthey have it all figured out. which is ten times better
Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 AM
LawnSite Member

This will be my 8th year of christmas tree sales. If the first farm I bought from for 4 years had not screwed me so bad, I never would have known what I could get for a christmas tree. no joke shop around, and get what the market will bear. and the lots that say: $20 tree, no one wants a $20 tree, no matter what it looks like. its all psychology.