Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveonlawn
It is good to always learn and further your education, but if it is more about making the money in the least amount of time then ditch the school. My sister and her husband both got thier degrees and are making a combine $150,000 that's together and working 8 hours a day and give an hour for back and forth to work. They have been working towards making this kind of money and have gradually moved up the ladder and this is where they are at after 15 years of working and of course the time they did in school.

Now my younger brother who is actually my twin, I am older by 10 minutes, he started his pest control business 5 years ago, in his first year he grossed on his own $100,000 currently he is making $350,000 net and has employees do all the work while he and his wife run the office in home where they can always be with thier kids and take time away when ever they want. He has no degree!

Hope this helps!

Half the people I know that have degrees, make less then me The only good thing about that is they can spell better
Great post!

Sure it's "only mowing grass", but if you do it right you can make very large profits. People work for two reasons, because they love what they do, or it's for the money. In a few cases it's both. The above example shows that so many people go to school to get a degree, when all they're really looking to do is make a lot of money. I know so many people who have a degree but work crap jobs. Some from very good schools. In Fedex alone where I was over 1/2 the drivers had degrees. The other half looked at them and said "What the hell are you doing here??".

So if it helps you get to YOUR goal, go for the education. Whatever that goal is.