Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaf Season!

Well, not quite yet, but it's not to far away. Anyway, I have always done my clean ups with just my backpack blower and tarps. I know a bagger system with a z turn would be the quickest, but that doesn't really fit my system. I have a Echo pb600 model blower now. My question is would I be better off buying a push blower like a Bill Goat or Little Wonder, or Would the new Stihl br600 or Red Max 8000 be enough of an upgrade to get the job done?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo PB650 (? not sure if it's a 650 off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure) and I have a Little Wonder 11 HP. Knowing what I know now, after using this setup last season, if I were making the decision for you and since you already have a backpack, I'd buy the Little Wonder. I'm not sure if a smaller HP model would be worth it, but the 11 HP can move twice as much debris, twice as far compared to the backpack, and I don't have to wave it around to get the leafs that are embedded in the grass. I usaully get help for leaf season and I have my helper blow the beds with the backpack then I take them the rest of the way in one or two passes with the little wonder.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know this statement goes against the grain on LS but, I have a 6hp Little Wonder and it's great. I bought it about 2 years ago and paid $480.00 I think. I rented an older 8hp Little Wonder a few years ago and it didn't move more laeves than the 6hp. I don't want to start a pi$$ing match with Little Wonder horsepower. I also have an Echo backpack but the LW has it's purpose. To be fair I never used a Redmax BP and hear good things about them. Each has their purpose. Matt
Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have the big Echo backpacks but still needed more power to clean up parking lots with lots of leaves. We bought the 13HP WB Billygoat and couldn't be happier. You can take one guys with small light backpack and herd the leaves into this big WB and get a lot done fast. The WB is advertised to be better than 2.5 Redmax 8000, for what that is worth.