Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,382
Rainbird Controller Error Codes

What does " No Mod" mean on display when we switch it to a station and hit manual mode to operate. The valve isn't coming on and we havn't had time to investigate. This controller is new and looks like it has three modules. I didn't have time to check if all valves on one of the modules isn't working.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
It means that the module isn't being detected. The timer is a ESP-M.

Open the panel and see if any of the modules are inproperly inserted.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-27-2005, 06:25 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,382
Debug Procedure

Would a debug procedure be to remove the module and put it in another slot and then rotate a good module into the ??? bad slot?

Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
sheshovel's Avatar
sheshovel sheshovel is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: zone 7 CA
Posts: 5,120
Well it could mean that you havent given the station any amount of time to run manualy.Some controllers just automaticly run the valve for it's set amount of time when you push manual.On others you have to enter an amount of time you want it to run that valve manualy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
Well it could mean that you havent given the station any amount of time to run manualy.Some controllers just automaticly run the valve for it's set amount of time when you push manual.On others you have to enter an amount of time you want it to run that valve manualy.
No, "NO MOD" means its not finding a module for that zone.

Have you ever used an ESP-M?

What your describing is the difference between the Irritrol Raindial/totalcontrol and the ESP's.

And one of the reasion why ESP's seem to be so much easier for the elderly (75% of my clients) to understand.

ED2Hess:

Which zone is being effected? I'm guessing between 5-7.

Try unplugging the module and plugging it back in, or try replacing it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2005, 10:19 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,382
Yes it was in the 5 - 7 range. It is the first one I have seen, any idea on what a module would cost? This is a new resturant that is under warranty but the installer won't come out and we are at 100F each day. We are turned the valves on manually when we mowed but that will only last about two days before it will need water in our area.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2005, 02:52 AM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
Yes it was in the 5 - 7 range. It is the first one I have seen, any idea on what a module would cost? This is a new resturant that is under warranty but the installer won't come out and we are at 100F each day. We are turned the valves on manually when we mowed but that will only last about two days before it will need water in our area.
New modules retail at $22.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,382
I went in and took each module out and reseated it and the unit ran fine. It doesn't give me a warm feeling that the problem won't come back because the failing module was locked in position??? Since the site was several miles away I bought a module ($19) in our area so I guess I will go ahead and put it in and get warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
sheshovel's Avatar
sheshovel sheshovel is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: zone 7 CA
Posts: 5,120
Well I guess I missed that one by a mile or two.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 PM
bicmudpuppy's Avatar
bicmudpuppy bicmudpuppy is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aztec, NM
Posts: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
I went in and took each module out and reseated it and the unit ran fine. It doesn't give me a warm feeling that the problem won't come back because the failing module was locked in position??? Since the site was several miles away I bought a module ($19) in our area so I guess I will go ahead and put it in and get warranty.
Jon will know for sure, but I *think* the ESP-M advertises "hot swaping" of those modules. Most modular controllers have the potential to "miss" an added mod if you don't reset them when the mod is installed. Power surges do funny things to these modular controllers. The early ICC's were real good about droping modules or suddenly recognizing all 48 potential zones for the panel. The modular Toro controllers have similar issues only with that "T" word added in. If the controller is working fine, I would be tempted to suggest you inventory that module instead of just trading it out and getting warranty credit. Save it for "the next time".
Good Luck
__________________
Over educated
Over Qualified
Glorified Ditch Digger
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.09689 seconds with 7 queries