Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i did not call you any names. but, you were wrong. i maintain my position that i do net 70+ % of gross, use your imagination a bit, and you'll figure it out. as far as your lawn service....there must be some reason you left the industry. was it because you didn't see a future in it? was it because you couldn't make what you wanted from it? there must be a reason, hey, i'm just curious. don't know where u got the name calling from, i never called you names. you did, however, try and make me look like a liar, but, there are certain things that can't be blaintently said, so, i can't rightfully defend myself. in any event, i'm goin out for sangria and shrimp. it's tough to do on my 7% profit, but, maybe they'll let us have scraps if we wait by the door long enough.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:52 PM

the numbers don't add up...that's all I'm saying...you provided the numbers, the math was done, you claim you run a legit operation.... you are operating under 50% net, not the 75% you claimed...

I never got out of the business... I sold a business

Enjoy your dinner
Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
It's always nice when you receive a gift. It is even more enjoyable when you receive an unexpected gift. Competition is everywhere. There is someone out there right now who wants your customers. It is your job to keep them happy. Show your clients you appreciate them. It does not have to be anything expensive or elaborate - maybe a free mowing, or a gift certificate, or a pumpkin, with a small note saying "thanks". Simple gestures like this go a long way.
What a great idea at this time of year to give a punkin. Thank you Sean.
I looked at this whole thread and I can not beleive you went back and forth with a person that seems to dominate this great informational site.

Somewhere, certain persons need to give it a rest and that will be up to you. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

in no uncertain terms, you stated that se tax was 12.5% of GROSS. you were wrong, but you can't admit it. i'm glad i was able to provide you with the CORRECT information. glad i could help. now, let's move on.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok, you sold the business. is there any particular reason? i mean, if you enjoyed mowing grass, and the possibilities were endless $$$ wise, and you were makin the big bucks and sending gifts to your clients, i can't imagine why you would sell the business, and do something else. generally, when one leaves a carreer, to pursue another, it's because of a reason. it's usually a financial reason. for example: i left the graphic arts field, because, #1- making 75 k for a full years work, was just not what i considered good money. #2- i was not down wit having 6 bosses.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
i left the graphic arts field, because, #1- making 75 k for a full years work
There you go again inflating your numbers. How about $25,000.

Bill
Old 09-17-2005, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS1
There you go again inflating your numbers. How about $25,000.
how about a dozen stitches
Old 09-17-2005, 09:59 AM

bobby - you will never win this argument...

your math skills and now your reading comprehension skills need worked on big time

changing the subject and trying to flip things around won't fly here either...

you are just angry that someone called you out....

75% net.....

in all seriousness, if you want me to sit down with you and show you how to figure out your numbers I can do that for you - just let me know
Closed Thread