Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Tip Of The Day - 9/15/05 - Family 1st

It is easy to get wrapped up...you are busy, your phone is ringing, your clients are irritated, the rain won't stop (or it won't rain at all), the days are shorter, your employee got a DUI, your equipment is falling apart...

Just remember why you are doing all of this...

Family (wife, kids, parents, etc...) Let them know you appreciate their love and support and always try and find some time to spend with them.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Amen to that, write yourself a note if you have to, to take the time to hug your wife and kids. We try (pretty good about it most days) to say a prayer as a family before leaving for the day, and thank God for the many blessings he has bestowed upon us, non-business related blessings that is like health, family, friends, faith, etc. Hugs all around and let each other know we love each other and look forward to seeing each other after work and school.

Thanks for the tip Sean

-Geoff
Old 09-23-2005, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dont find time. MAKE TIME!
The wife and kids will never know how hard you worked, but your kid will always remember who taught him to swim! (Or whatever)

I forced myself to take a vacation (IN THE SUMMER!).
I rented a cottage on a lake not far from home.
Like I said, the family will always remember s'mores by the fire, fishing, daddy teaching them how to and not to paddle a kayak.

I wish I were better with my digital camera.
I have a picture of my 2 yr old daughter sound asleep with her little fingers trailing in the watwer just about sun down.

My friends, that is priceless.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Sean and Lawnsite Family

Sean

Thanks for an excellent Tip of keeping the family included in our limited resource of time. The family sure grows up fast and your (hopefully) best friend your spouse needs attention as well. I want to thank Sean and my LawnSite Family members which are part of my family as well.

Wife gave me a paper to review that oldest had to write for school about his experiences that he has learned from. He wrote about learning how to install and maintain a lawn. Many things over the years that he helped around the places we have lived that have given him knowledge. "Some things learned from father when father was taller than than the son" was the starter line IIRC. Made me feel good that some of the good times he remembers are hard valuable work we did together. Now only if I could grow a couple inches taller and keep the stripe line as lazer straight as he does!!! Sometimes on purpose I will leave line trim section undone, I proud after his final check he notices and will ask if I will go over that area again as it was not done to requirements. Slowly he is gaining (taking) the lead.

Best regards

Wayne