Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

New kioti ck30

Here are a few pics of my new kioti ck30 ,the attachments i got with it were a front end loader ,a Rotomec flail mower 5',and a Tomlin 6' mounted chain harrow
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

More info please

Why did you choose a Kioti?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Disregard

Found all I need to know with the search command.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys i got to say KIOTI rank along side KUBOTA any day...what do you guys say on the matter ????..i would even go to say there built a little better !!!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollacosta
Here are a few pics of my new kioti ck30 ,the attachments i got with it were a front end loader ,a Rotomec flail mower 5',and a Tomlin 6' mounted chain harrow

That looks to be a little too much tractor for your truck, but you probably already noticed that.

2004 Ford F-250 XL RC/LB 4x2 Power Stroke Diesel
2010 John Deere Z710A 48" cut
1999 John Deere GT-235/54" deck
1985 John Deere 212 w/38" deck
1983 John Deere 420 w/54" hydraulic front blade
1974 John Deere 140, 54" hydraulic blade, 3pt. hitch, tandem disc, plow, 48" deck
1971 John Deere 112, 38" deck, all original, down for engine rebuild.
1967 IH Cub Cadet 124 w/creeper box, disc, plow
1947 Economy/Power King Tractor S/N 590, fully restored.

Certified John Deere Technician
Old 09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalltimer1
That looks to be a little too much tractor for your truck, but you probably already noticed that.
You may have noticed that he is on "the other side of the pond". I've never been to Europe, but from what I've heard they don't feel the need to climb every hill at 80 mph while towing. His Toy is likely to have a turbodiesel 4 banger with a manual trans and good low gearing, not the V6 car engine and slushbox you would likely find in the same truck over here. I would venture to say that it may have much heavier and stiffer suspension components than you would find on a similar truck here. Rollacosta, care to comment on how your truck pulls the combo?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollacosta
Well guys i got to say KIOTI rank along side KUBOTA any day...what do you guys say on the matter ????..i would even go to say there built a little better !!!
I beg to differ... but then again I own a Kubota and have never actually even seen a Kioti in person.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

see many kioti's fall to pieces. good luck getting parts for that thing years from now.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabyscapes
see many kioti's fall to pieces. good luck getting parts for that thing years from now.
Ok, seriously now, I've actually heard some good things about Kiotis. Particularily the more recent models. I am on a few tractor-specific boards and the Kioti owners have very little bad things to say about them - even the ones who have owned them for a while. The biggest complaint seems to be their smaller deck size. Most of the owners who needed parts had no problem getting them. I wouldn't go and trade my Kubota for a Kioti but that is mainly because I don't have any local Kioti dealers and my Kubota/JD dealer is one mile from my house. If I didn't have my tractor and there was a Kioti dealer close by I would definately consider one. I wouldn't worry too much about the durability or parts availability of your Kioti. IMO the modern Kiotis are just about as durable as the big three and parts should get easier to get as they continue expanding their market share. Just go have fun with it...

Matt
Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhanson
Ok, seriously now, I've actually heard some good things about Kiotis. Particularily the more recent models. I am on a few tractor-specific boards and the Kioti owners have very little bad things to say about them - even the ones who have owned them for a while. The biggest complaint seems to be their smaller deck size. Most of the owners who needed parts had no problem getting them. I wouldn't go and trade my Kubota for a Kioti but that is mainly because I don't have any local Kioti dealers and my Kubota/JD dealer is one mile from my house. If I didn't have my tractor and there was a Kioti dealer close by I would definately consider one. I wouldn't worry too much about the durability or parts availability of your Kioti. IMO the modern Kiotis are just about as durable as the big three and parts should get easier to get as they continue expanding their market share. Just go have fun with it...

Matt
I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35. In 665+ hours the only part I have broke is a tachometer cable. (an $8 part).
A very nice/solid machine, and parts availability is a non-issue!!
Attached Images