Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-30-2005, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Runner has some very important points.I think our question is what equiptment are you running now and how are you getting about? Do you use handmowers only,bag,mulch,side chute the clippings? Do you plan on growing and getting bigger yards & equiptment?If we had a little more info I think you might get some good replies as to the direction you might want to go.28 jobs and part time sounds like you are doing small lots and there is nothing wrong with that,we just need a little more info.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

21 inch mowers, clippings getting bagged and disposed at owners property...not taken with me and thrown out...a blower,trimmer,edger,21 inch mower and hand tools that get thrown in rakes,pitchfork etc,etc, nothing too big i was thinkin about a trailer and a pick up than thinking of a cargo and throwing it all in the cargo.. but than comes the question which is a better choice?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Judging from what you are saying any old beat up Toyota p/u or a little Chevy mini van will work. Which is better? Only you know your situation.
A van is compact and is lockable,a p/u is open,look at where you are working,you be the judge.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Member

well i got a option a very good deal on a 2004 chevy astro van with only 60k miles on it...very good deal on it... or i could go with something like a pick-up and than get a trailer.. anybody know any trailer outlets in tri-state area?