Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2000, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used a 32 inch scag walkbehind...likes dislikes???? other brands of 32 inch walkbehinds??? Likes/ dislikes???
Old 04-20-2000, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

i know toro used to make one, it looked funky, one 32 inch blade. but i think it was a floating deck. exmark makes one (different from the Toro), and i think i have seen an encore 32. I think a 32 would be very useful, for pathways that have rocks on both sides. I figure if you already have larger mowers 48+, losing 4 inches to gain some mobility seems like a good trade off to me. I would like to find a hydro one though, even more manueverable and evrything
Old 04-20-2000, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 36'' scag dual hydro 14hp.I love it.I thought that a 36'' would get through all our gates but even that small of deck can still not get throught some gates.I don't know if scag makes a 32'',But I can tell you who does!Exmark makes a belt drive 32'' called the metro.I don't think they make a dual hydro 32''.The only maker that I know of that makes a 32'' dual hydro is Ransomes.I think down the road when I do trade in my scag I may look into a 32''.Anything is better than a 21''!!!!!!!!<br>Hope this helps!!!!<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 04-20-2000, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

why would you spend all that money for a 32inch hydro? i cant amagine it will get all that much use. you will just use it for those few yards when a 36 cant fit through them. why not get a old used 32 belt driven... it will prbly last for ever since it wont get that must use right? how many gated yards do you have that a 36 cant fit through?
Old 04-20-2000, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah i guess your right, it is a lot of expense for a mower that won't get much use. but i don't want to buy another belt drive mower ever. another place a 32 could get that a 36 cant is where you have a gate, that you can't get to straight, or the gate is obstructed so it doesn't open all the way. Those places, its just nice to be able to use a walk behind instead of a 21. I wish toro would put casters on the front of their 21, someone sent me an email with pics of casters they put on theirs, looks a lot better.
Old 04-20-2000, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey the info has been of help...I would get a decent amount of use from a 32 but the price I have seen is a little high...but the 21 inch mowers just seem well weak..I think Imight check exmark..ut I prefer to stay all scag..that one red exmark is going to look funny in the sea of orange on the trailer...
Old 04-22-2000, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I use the 32&quot; to fit through gates in rear yards. As long as you maintain your scag with proper oil and grease it should give you no problems. the only difficulty is deck height adjustment
Old 04-23-2000, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

paint the thing orange it will take a hour(LoL)really just use the 21in get a honda 6hp it's by no means weak How big are these lawns that u need a 32? it cant be that big<p><p><p><p><p><p><p>