Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2000, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine says that one of his dixies cuts better than the other. I believe this because my dixie does not cut as sweet as my exmark unless i have two blades per spindle which i learned from eric. Thanks eric. <p>I thought there was a possibility of two different style decks.
Old 04-23-2000, 08:04 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

93 and older Choppers have a different deck than the 94 and up. The older ones were all even around from the back around to the front. The 94's have about a 1 inch higher area about all the way across the front of the deck so the grass don't get pushed down before cutting it. We have noticed our 94 will cut better than the 93. In about 96, they put a deck pitch compensator to keep the back more even with the front on the deck when changing highth. In 2000, they went with a 4 chain lift, finally, so the deck now is raising and lowering correctly. This has been one of my few complaints about the DC's. Now that they have all these good improvements, I'm thinking of updating next month when the 23HP Aegis Kohler is released or possibly the Yanmar Diesel. The 3 year warranty on the Aegis will be a plus and the liquid cooling will be nice too. Still deciding. I just changed the hydro filters and did the 2,700 hour oil change on the one I run. I'm thinking my luck is about to run out with all the problems guys have had with only 700 to 900 hours, that I have read about in other threads. The way it runs still, I'm hoping to get another 2,700 hours out of it. <p>What year DC do you have Bdemir? Does it have like a 1&quot; cut out in the front? <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 04-23-2000, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,<p>I beleive mine is a 94. I am going to check the front of the deck right now along with the serial #.
Old 04-23-2000, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

hey eric, with that many hours, i think any problems with your engines would have showed up. now you just gotta watch for oil consumption. its gonna wear out, not break. tahts my take on it. also, let the kohler Aegis get its kinks worked out before you buy one. look at all the problems with the command 25hp and other commands. yamnar diesel is solid i'm sure
Old 04-23-2000, 11:17 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Paddy:<br>It still doesn't need oil added between oil changes. It goes down about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch on the dipstick in 50 hours. I guess I got the opposite of a Lemon. I feel the Amsoil filter on them that filters 25 times smaller dirt, has to be a big help on longevity. The Donaldson air filter doesn't hurt either. It all helps.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>