Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-17-2005, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

exmark bahia blade.

Hello,

Are you able to get what exmark calls a "bahia blade" part # 103-1577

it is for a '01/00 lazer hp. with a 48" deck.

thanks.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

we're actually currently in the process of getting exmark, but we only have toro and lawnboy at the moment. however, our wholegood sales rep tells me that we can get aftermarket alternatives for that part.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Id love to know what is special about the bahia blade.....I know that when I cut grass it Florida. I did all my bahia on the same day and always had to sharpen afterwards....Tough grass...

i
Old 10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

well, I am cutting a grass that is not bahia, but is just like it, but has a bit thinner leaf blade, and the seed heads aren't as bad. but it is still a thick, tough grass, very wirey. I am having cut problems, and exmark told me to try the bahia blade. I never knew there was one until they told me about it. my dealer didn't know either.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

btw, does toro have a "bahia blade" I bet it is the same if they do.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

i'm not award of any bahia blades for toro and lawnboy equipment, and a search for "bahia" in our database for those brands doesn't turn up anything. our general manager just informed us that he just received notice from exmark that our account is now setup with them, and we will be able to get exmark parts by the end of the week. make another post in this forum in about week to remind me to look for those bahia blades.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro Bahia blade is a med lift blade, same as their notched highlift, without the notch, i.e it is a standard med/high lift blade.

It is a good alrounder blade for stalky weedy grasses, not too much lift and not too little.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Does that mean a med/high lift blade will do pretty much the same thing? Because we stock those
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are very few discount aftermarket blades that can compare to an OEM Quality blade. When I find one that IS, it's likely because they manufacture for the OEM.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS
There are very few discount aftermarket blades that can compare to an OEM Quality blade. When I find one that IS, it's likely because they manufacture for the OEM.
are there any particular aftermarket manufacturers that impress you? is the discounted price worth it?