Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Real Green Software

Looking for feedback and used purchase of this software. Private message sale info. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Too Expensive

After careful review of the demo information, I feel that this software is extremely too expensive for the small to medium LCO.

While the program seems to flow very well and has plenty of features that may provide a more professional appearance, I cannot buy into a senario that the software will save you money.

Other scheduling software on the market enable me to have the same features for $1,000!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwise10230
After careful review of the demo information, I feel that this software is extremely too expensive for the small to medium LCO.

While the program seems to flow very well and has plenty of features that may provide a more professional appearance, I cannot buy into a senario that the software will save you money.

Other scheduling software on the market enable me to have the same features for $1,000!
the marketing features alone is worth the cost.
a 'small' company will definately save $$$. your office will be so much more automated that you will not only save money on office labor but you will increase revenues by having much more time to sell your services to new customers and increas revenues on upsells to your existing customers.

look at it this way....you can apply fertilizer with a push spreader. you can apply to many more accounts with a ride-on type of machine.

really no difference. buy a cheap push spreader and do a few lawns....buy a larger more expensive motorized ride on spreader and do many more lawns.
buy a cheaper software and get things done....buy a more expensive software and get much more done
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been looking at Real Green also. Is there anyone who uses the GPS palm pilot interfaced feature of Real Green? Seems slick. I have seen other software companies that claim to have slick features and when in the feild the slick feature ends up being a joke. There are some great sales people selling software. There is nothing worse than playing with sofware that has alot of data entry and playing with to enter data. I make money doing lawns, not playing with palm pilots and computers. However according to the demo of Real Green, it seems to be rather streamline?? Feedback from Real Green users would be great
Old 11-27-2005, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

real green handhelds

beep beep beep
Old 12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I spoke with real green, but they are to expensive for my small company. I want to do away with route cards, any suggestions?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPro7 View Post
I spoke with real green, but they are to expensive for my small company. I want to do away with route cards, any suggestions?
Wow! You resurrected an old thread!

Do you use Quickbooks? Qxpress is a great add on to QB. Qxpress does all the scheduling, routing, sends invoices to QB to billed. You can lease or buy.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

does it do routing? if not, worthless.

i might have a used system for sale.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks liberty, I will check it out.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have been looking at a program called Billmaster. They are a sponsor of this site. I have Microsoft office and have been using the Access database my wife set up for me for scheduling along with basic reports and invoicing. It works OK and has done the job. It's just not very user friendly and I have grown to the point that it has become almost as much hassle as doing it by hand. Billmaster will do the routing and scheduling along with the invoicing as well as any report you could possibly think of. It's loaded with features that make things so much easier. Just a couple of things that have impressed me. All invoices have bar codes on them. It comes with a scanner that scans these bar codes for entering production and payments. If I let mine go for a week, I can plan on spending 4-5 hours "catching up"...SUX. With this that same process would take me about 15 minutes. You can still enter information manually if needed. The other thing I like is the fact that you get unlimited support (telephone and internet-Free) as long as you are using it. Free upgrades as long as you are using it and you can run an infinite number of companies with an infinite number of customers. I'm not sure about all the little toys that you can carry in the truck. Like someone posted earlier, I have lawns to take care of. I'm more interested in making my office streamlined. Anyway, I'm looking at it very seriously. I have a good friend that uses the Real Green. It's about twice as much on the front end and there are service and support fees not to mention invoice paper you have to buy from them...I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death once I've "bought in". JMO