Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Take a look into Hindsite software. hindsitesoftware.com
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrx View Post
wow!!!! lokng around $6000 or more to get to hole thing...that is alot more than other software. it most be the best i bet. i think i'll upgrade to somethink, but not that right now. I can handle my paper work find right now. just looking for something to make it easer. And something with a smaller price I gess.
I think Gopher and QuickBooks Pro for all billing and finances would be perfect for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks.. I think so also. it is my price range and it will fit my needs well. I think the others programs a great but for alot bigger CO.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I've used real green for 6 years now and love it. I worked for acouple of the big companys and real greens program has as much or more to offer in their software.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What I hate about groundskeeper is when
you print the schedule and don't do all
the accounts you have to go into eash
persons account to reschedule the work. If it rains
You need to go in and reschedule everyone.
If you f up and miss an app there is no way
To get a report of missed work so you would
Have to go into each account to verify that everyone
Got round 4 for example.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2009, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested in Real Green as well. But, I can't get anyone to help me. I sent an email, and it was returned because of a full inbox or something.

Then, I called and requested information. They seemed put out to be answering the phone and questions. The guy said he would send me a packet of information. And, you guessed it, he never did.

Hard for me to drop $5-6K on a product which is represented in that fashion.

If anyone from Real Green is reading. feel free to contact me.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I have been looking at a program called Billmaster. They are a sponsor of this site. I have Microsoft office and have been using the Access database my wife set up for me for scheduling along with basic reports and invoicing. It works OK and has done the job. It's just not very user friendly and I have grown to the point that it has become almost as much hassle as doing it by hand. Billmaster will do the routing and scheduling along with the invoicing as well as any report you could possibly think of. It's loaded with features that make things so much easier. Just a couple of things that have impressed me. All invoices have bar codes on them. It comes with a scanner that scans these bar codes for entering production and payments. If I let mine go for a week, I can plan on spending 4-5 hours "catching up"...SUX. With this that same process would take me about 15 minutes. You can still enter information manually if needed. The other thing I like is the fact that you get unlimited support (telephone and internet-Free) as long as you are using it. Free upgrades as long as you are using it and you can run an infinite number of companies with an infinite number of customers. I'm not sure about all the little toys that you can carry in the truck. Like someone posted earlier, I have lawns to take care of. I'm more interested in making my office streamlined. Anyway, I'm looking at it very seriously. I have a good friend that uses the Real Green. It's about twice as much on the front end and there are service and support fees not to mention invoice paper you have to buy from them...I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death once I've "bought in". JMO
Do you know if you can use it from multiple computers or is it limited to just one because I have several locations and it would be nice not to have everything tied to just one laptop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2009, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfdlawn View Post
Do you know if you can use it from multiple computers or is it limited to just one because I have several locations and it would be nice not to have everything tied to just one laptop.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know because I'm small and I'll be the only one using it and I haven't asked. You'd really have to ask for yourself. John has already given me an online demo once with generic data. I was impressed. He has now entered all of my data into the program and customized it somewhat for me. He will be giving me a demo again using my info probably Monday. I'm pretty excited about it. He seems to be able to make it do just about anything you want. I don't know why networking would be a problem but you'd probably need to ask for yourself. His e-mail is support@customizedbusinesssoftware.com.
office-201-620-8566
cell- 201-835-4755
He's been easy to work with and understanding about what I need and my particular situation. They offer easy terms and 0% financing with a minimal down payment. The price that I have been quoted is $3,500
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdoctor1 View Post
I am interested in Real Green as well. But, I can't get anyone to help me. I sent an email, and it was returned because of a full inbox or something.

Then, I called and requested information. They seemed put out to be answering the phone and questions. The guy said he would send me a packet of information. And, you guessed it, he never did.

Hard for me to drop $5-6K on a product which is represented in that fashion.

If anyone from Real Green is reading. feel free to contact me.
Josh, they were calling me about once a week for a month or 2 back in the summer. I've heard others on this site mention that they've had trouble getting assistance from them when the "chips are down". I've also heard 2-3 different prices on what you pay. I'll have to admit that I've never been quoted a firm price from them personally so take what I'm saying and do what you want with it. I'm not going to try to sell you on anything but I did give some contact info in my last post for another software company. I've always been straight up with you on here and on the phone...It'd be worth checking out.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I don't know because I'm small and I'll be the only one using it and I haven't asked. You'd really have to ask for yourself. John has already given me an online demo once with generic data. I was impressed. He has now entered all of my data into the program and customized it somewhat for me. He will be giving me a demo again using my info probably Monday. I'm pretty excited about it. He seems to be able to make it do just about anything you want. I don't know why networking would be a problem but you'd probably need to ask for yourself. His e-mail is support@customizedbusinesssoftware.com.
office-201-620-8566
cell- 201-835-4755
He's been easy to work with and understanding about what I need and my particular situation. They offer easy terms and 0% financing with a minimal down payment. The price that I have been quoted is $3,500
Ted,

Does Billmaster sinc with QuickBooks or does it work independently of it?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt