Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME
if I'm moving across town can I take my current business line with me with vonage?
Yes. If you even go on vacation, you could take your "phone line" with you. The only thing that you have to remember is that you need a high speed internet connection because Vonage works off of TCP/IP. I have a friend that when he comes up to visit he brings his modem with him and can use his phone up here to make and receive calls.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I just switched to vonage and had a few problems starting out. I switched from a 2.4 to a 5.8 ghz phone and that helps solve some of the problems. Also had my router too close to my modem. I think I have most of the problems hammered out now. I did find out that I have to make sure I have the bandwidth set to the highest quality setting for my tivo to be able to dial and make a connection.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I have had Vonage for over a year now and have not one complaint. I use Comcast as my internet provider with a download rate close to 5 meg...compaired to BellSouth's 700 K. I also have a cell phone for those times when the service goes out. My home phone (vonage) rings four times and then transfers to my cell phone (free), I have caller ID (free) so I know how to answer the phone, and I have a dedicated fax line....$39 a month for two lines. My phone bill went from around $80 to $90 a month for one line to $39 a month for two...If you do the math Vonage is paying for my high speed data provider...