Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2005, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

What services do you offer?

How can you compete with other lawn care companies if thats what you want to call them,when there doing a full service on 5acres for 60 bucks. I would lose money on every job. I decided that I needed to offer more then just a lawn service to get the job. I listed every thing my house needs done over a years time,like twice a year pressure washing the house,and other areas that they would like done,sprinkler tuning each zone,setting the timer for the seasons,gutter clean out,bug control over the counter for the outside eves,fresh thin coat of mulch twice a year,Trim hedges when needed,weed control when needed,check each zone for proper sprinkler operation before I leave and fix as needed. Some times it works and sometimes people are just looking for the lowest price and thats it. I have the list printed out and they check what services they would like done with out having to ask. Sprinkler tuning and time clock setting is part of my standard service. I except credit cards and carry there number on file,so all I do is drop the invoice of services completed in the door when the job is done and charge them at the end of the day. Some people are looking for a care free service. I see know other to make good money!