Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tractor Tree Spade

Anybody know if there's such thing a a 3 point hitch tree spade? We're looking to buy one where I work and we really don't want a big one mounted on a truck because they cost so much.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
Anybody know if there's such thing a a 3 point hitch tree spade? We're looking to buy one where I work and we really don't want a big one mounted on a truck because they cost so much.
Yes they make them and they work well. I have a 30" one and it about as big as I have seen. Not sure of the make as I bought it used and the markings are wore off but I'll double check tomorrow in case I've been missing some #

Check West Shore New Holland or Krystowski Hew holland.
Krystowski's told me where I could get mine so they may have more info.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What color is it?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
What color is it?
Blue......................................
Old 12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
Yes they make them and they work well. I have a 30" one and it about as big as I have seen. Not sure of the make as I bought it used and the markings are wore off but I'll double check tomorrow in case I've been missing some #

Check West Shore New Holland or Krystowski Hew holland.
Krystowski's told me where I could get mine so they may have more info.
For all the calls I had asking about having relocations done, I sure wished I had one of them, instead of my stump grinder this past year.
seems like everytime I think I have the right equipment for the jobs, I get calls for a different type machine.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumper1620
For all the calls I had asking about having relocations done, I sure wished I had one of them, instead of my stump grinder this past year.
seems like everytime I think I have the right equipment for the jobs, I get calls for a different type machine.
Simple solution! keep buying more and more equipment, and then find enough work to pay it off. After that if it just sits and rots your not out anything, and if you do pick up work its all profit except for minor upkeep.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Simple solution! keep buying more and more equipment, and then find enough work to pay it off. After that if it just sits and rots your not out anything, and if you do pick up work its all profit except for minor upkeep.
Ya Mac, the grinder was bought and paid in cash, I just don't know about the tree spade, I don't have a regular use for it at this time and I'm not sure I want to count on hit and miss calls to pay me back for the spade. the grinder paid back real fast, then the market dried up when every body with a car started doing stumps for less than a buck an inch. High maintenance machine, it can sit in the shop all year before I will do a stump for .75 an inch.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep everyone has a grinder and doing it for a lot less than 50 cent an " here. But not everyone has a spade, especially a smaller one. People like to save and move a lot of bushes as they get bigger, you know the poor planning- did'nt know it would get that big when I planted it against the foundation size trees and bushes. It payed for itself a few times over so now its a convenience to me more than a money maker. But there rare to find, even most rental yds don't have a spade.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yep everyone has a grinder and doing it for a lot less than 50 cent an " here. But not everyone has a spade, especially a smaller one. People like to save and move a lot of bushes as they get bigger, you know the poor planning- did'nt know it would get that big when I planted it against the foundation size trees and bushes. It payed for itself a few times over so now its a convenience to me more than a money maker. But there rare to find, even most rental yds don't have a spade.
I think I'll have to consider that, I never see spades around here and no advertising for smaller ones in the yellows either.
I will review this a little more, I think their may be a bigger market than I thought.
Thanks for the idea Mac.