Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2005, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a link for a good book on striping patterns.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...books&v=glance
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfUnlimited
Here is a link for a good book on striping patterns.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...books&v=glance
too bad most of my staff can't read english...
Old 12-21-2005, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's where the athletic assn. and schools around here get their equipment

I've picked up an infield drag from them, and I'd like to get a broom, but haven't yet.

We maintain 5 schools and 6 township parks, but they're not TOO picky with the grass.

The schools and associations do their own striping.

Anyways, like I said, here's a link to some of the equipment, you can get ideas and google them to learn more...

http://www.kromer-afm.com/athleticFi...es/afmB200.htm
Old 12-21-2005, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

the one nice thing abour grad mats and such is that the can be home made very cheaply and in most cases work better than products sold proffessionaly....I know I had a little smithco 3 wheel raker. and the drag mat, spring rake and scarifying board were all home made and worked great...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i've got a Graco FieldLazer for my striping operation.

I'm curious what the cost is of the Kromer B100? I don't mind walking for right now, however if i can double my clubs like I'd like to, i will need either PT helper + another machine. or possibly a ride-on unit.

Anyone have any $$$ info for the b100? My fieldlazer ran about $2k
Old 12-21-2005, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDeality
i've got a Graco FieldLazer for my striping operation.

I'm curious what the cost is of the Kromer B100? I don't mind walking for right now, however if i can double my clubs like I'd like to, i will need either PT helper + another machine. or possibly a ride-on unit.

Anyone have any $$$ info for the b100? My fieldlazer ran about $2k
Seems to me, if I remember right, about 2-3 years ago it was about 5-6k with all the bells and whistles.

It was something that I would have like to have, but at the time, the township was being annexed by a local city and we weren't sure how many parks would be left behind.

So far I haven't lost any, but the township is dissolving into another local city now, which has it's own parks department, so I'm on a wait and see what's going to happen with the ones I currently maintain, as well as ordinances that'll change since I'm currently zoned agriculture, but will be re-zoned residential within the next year or so.

I suppose I'll have to deal like the rest of you guys, with not being able to park anything at my house anymore.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Please ignore 1/2 of that previous message.

I just called Michelle at Kromer.

A 100 with chalk and paint capabilities, along with other addons will run you about $12k.

That's got an 8hp engine on it.

She also said that if you have minorities in your area, that MLB will donate some money to your machine, to get that price down, but that it somewhat depends on demographics, or at least that's what they've noticed.

She doesn't think that's right, which neither do I, in a way, but... such is life.

Anyways, you might want to give them a call. They'll send you an info packet along with a CD/DVD of the machine in use.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LwnmwrMan22
She also said that if you have minorities in your area, that MLB will donate some money to your machine, to get that price down, but that it somewhat depends on demographics, or at least that's what they've noticed.
Right or wrong....if some over paid sports league wants to help buy some of my equipment, I'd jump through the hoops....Don't ever leave money on the table....

I jump through hoops to get my GSA Pricing. Well worth it....and the dealers so long as they get their money from the factory could care less where the money comes from...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

$12K!? WOW. I guess I'll stay with my lowly push unit for a couple more seasons. i've been looking for an old rear engine snapper to fab' my own. I figure it'd make a good winter project, theres really nothing to these machines, just a roller pump with hoze/nozzle which you can buy from any professional paint store.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I worked for a public highschool system and we used the old calcuim carbonate and then they switched over to paint once I left. I used kite string and tape to do lines with a Guftason liner. Was a pain. I did softball, baseball, football, soccer and track fields. Its a lot of work. Haven't read through all the threads yet but I suggest getting Flyod Perry's books and attending one of his classes. They are expensive but I went to one and the employer paid so worked out nice. http://www.gmsforsportsfields.com/ The drags we had our welder build the needle types and the screens they bought from somwhere. As for the baselines, to keep the Turface out we would power broom it or had to use a pressure wsher which was a real pain. We finally went to grass baselines. It looked better and was much easier to maintain. For striping you may see if one of these will work, http://www.hovermower.com/st21k.htm its not the hover mower they made that part of their address because they sell those also. Sports fileds can be a PITA. Soccer was the easiest overall even with the battle of trying to keep some grass in the goal tenders area.

Last edited by out4now; 12-22-2005 at 11:31 PM.