Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2001, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if Liquid Lime and Momentum can be applied together and the Momentum still be effective? Compatability is ok. Just would like to apply together. Thanks!!

Daren
Old 04-05-2001, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would definatly avoid spraying a Base substance like lime with ANY pesticide unless you hear directly from the manufacture that it is ok. Many of the chemicle formulations on the market today are neutralized, or worse, when mixed with a Base compound. Several products reccomend that you use a PH buffer if your tank water is above PH 7.
Good Luck,
Jim L
Old 04-07-2001, 10:00 PM
Banned

This, http://www.rootsinc.com/applications/T_Fe8.pdf , will buffer your tank mix to normal. And it is cost effective.
Lock & Load- PR.
Old 04-07-2001, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I belive the reason that you would spray Liquid Lime is to increase the soil PH. Buffering the tank mix would completly defeat the purpose of adding the lime in the first place. The other problem with useing Chealated Iron as a buffer is that any rate above 3oz/1000 sf can cause severe turf damage, the turf can turn black and die from too much Iron, and you would certainly need more than 3oz/1000 to buffer a base compound like lime.
Jim L
Old 04-10-2001, 09:14 PM
Banned

Here in Feb. we do iron treatments, our native soils are around 5+ ish in PH with all our rain, and big trees, and winter darkness and such. All my turf turns black in the late winter after it has been cut sometime in the first week in Feb. I mix in urea also with humic acids, I've never done liquid lime, seen it, I do granular in the fall around Sept.15. I think you could mix liquid lime with a broad leaf, I wouldn't because I wouldn't broadcast herbicide.