Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2005, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

is tanaka going out of business??

I was at at local mower shop today dropping of a mower for repair, i was making small talk with the owner of the shop when i mentioned i was buying a new blower he said i have the redmax 8000 i said no i have my eye on the tanaka 7600 and he says no you dont want to go with tanaka because there going out of business i'm sure this is not true is it? well regaurdless of what he said i still have my eye on the tanaka.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Sponsor

Tanaka

That dealer is incorrect. Tanaka is not going out of business!

-MW
Old 01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Sponsor

Tanaka

Again, no matter what you might have heard lately, Tanaka is not going out of business.

-MW
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Didn't Tanaka file for bankruptcy protection on Dec.?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of them.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Didn't Tanaka file for bankruptcy protection on Dec.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaka America View Post
Again, no matter what you might have heard lately, Tanaka is not going out of business.

-MW
Is this true?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Sponsor

Tanaka

Hi,
Here's the straight scoop on what's going with Tanaka Kogyo Co. Ltd.:

1. On December 22, 2006 they filed a petition for the commencement of civil rehabilitation procedures with the Chiba District Court in Chiba, Japan.

2. Civil rehabilitation is a debt resolution process. In Japan, companies can pursue this action to ensure protection while a corrective action plan is implemented. It is a self-imposed and self-managed procedure to address debt repayments in the shortest amount of time possible while the business continues as usual.

3. Tanaka Kogyo took this action due to the negative financial impact of a failed private investment outside of and unrelated to their successful handheld power equipment business.

4. This will not force Tanaka Kogyo out of business. Tanakaís handheld power equipment business is very strong worldwide and they will continue business as usual without interruption.

5. Tanaka America will not be affected by this. Factory production and shipments will continue to occur as planned. Plus, Tanaka America has an extensive inventory of products, accessories and replacement parts, so orders will be fulfilled as usual.

On behalf of all us here at Tanaka America, I would like to say thanks for everyone's support. We truly enjoy interacting with the lawnsite community and look forward to developing more products like the TBC-260PFL extended reach trimmer that was born from a post on lawnsite.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 1-888-482-6252. Oh, and in case I didn't already say it, Tanaka is not going out of business!

-MW