Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-31-2005, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

business name registration in FLA

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been searching around the site for the last year or so and enjoy reading everyone elses posts. I worked for someone in town for about a year while attending school at Uf and now decided to start my own business. I started last year and have a few residentials and 3 sonic drive ins as well. I was good friends with the area manager so he wanted me to take care of the three stores. I dont really have a "business name" now, I got my occupational license and got 500,000 liability insurance. If I use my actual name, "Brandon Ray" or "Ray" in a business name is it true I do not need to register it and can just use my social for taxes? For example, Ray Lawn Care or something along those lines. I am still a little unsure on this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi, In order to not register for a fictitious name, which is only 50.00 (sunbiz.org) and it is good for five years, you have to have your full name in the business name. I started out that way and then changed it.