Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-03-2006, 09:57 AM

Tip Of The Day - 1/3/06 - The Nerve To Act

"The most difficult thing to do is act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."

Amelia Earhart, aviator

Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done. Don't let someone who has learned to accept and embrace mediocrity tell you that you are crazy or that it will never work. Just because they are afraid doesn't mean you have to be.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Unless of course you are inexpierenced and are attempting to do something "Your way"that a more expierenced proffesional is telling you wont work
your way and it involves the saftey of yourself or others on a job.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It all has to do with the situation your in. A tone deaf,bad singer will never make it, nor will a clumsy baseball player. But if a person halfway has their act together being in the right place and who you know with a good attitude goes far.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
Unless of course you are inexpierenced and are attempting to do something "Your way"that a more expierenced proffesional is telling you wont work
your way and it involves the saftey of yourself or others on a job.
Some historians believe this is exactly what did Emelia in.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sheeesh.....ever hear of "context"?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Member

For the Senoirs here it is easy to say all the above but I am new to the biz (started last year) and I am bound and determined to make this business work. I have a "will not quit till the work is done" attitude and I will do whatever I have to to make this grow. I am willing to make a minimal profit for the first couple of years (although I turned enought profit in the first season to but my first brand new WB and it is paid for). By the time spring hits I will be able to buy a new BP blower and a commercial grade line trimmer from my income from my "year-round" paying residential customers, and with the way things are looking I will need another WB to keep on hand just as a back up incase of a break down. I am going to make this work and no one will discourage me or amke me just throw in the towel until I give it my absolute best 120% and I know that there is no way. Sorry to vent but I am just tired of all of the guys on here that are supposed to be the mentors and leaders and helpers to us that are wanting to make this there life and making nothing but negative statements to us. IF you don't have any helpful things to say and a helping hand to lend then go sharpen your blades and get ready for mowing season because I have mine ready to hit the grass come spring. Thands to all of the guys on here that do lend a helpful word here and those that do care about the guys that will be here tomorrow and not just the views of themselves.

Scott
Old 01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

What to go 2Men, good luck! Maybe I'll run into you someday.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
"The most difficult thing to do is act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."

Amelia Earhart, aviator
You know what this reminds me of? Remember the Wizard of Oz and how they all lacked something?

"If I only had a brain" said the scarecrow, and "If I only had a heart" said the tin woodman, and then the cowardly lion referred to his problem as "the nerve", pronounced like 'nuyve.' When you think about it, it pretty well takes all of these attributes to really be successful doesn't it?

Without a brain you won't know how to step forward. Without the nerve you won't dare to, and without a heart no one will want you to.