Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2006, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass_cuttin_fool
Gene
I had started a thread on this back in the fall and a few people said they didnt own one but they new some that did and that the JRCO didnt have good penetration due to not having any weight on it. What is your thoughts on this?

wayne
Each tine wheel has its own weight attached. Its the design that is the problem with depth. The tines are not long enough for deeper peneration. Customers are accoustomed to seeing plugs laying on the lawn after an areation. With the JRCO you only see some little holes where it has gone. The JRCO also adds a lot of stress the the machine its attached to. You can cover a lot of ground in a hurry with the JRCO. I use mine to loosen up the dirt and to make lots of small holes in thin or bare areas for reseening. A lot faster than using a thatcher type over seeder and less mess afterwords.

Gene
Old 01-27-2006, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Steerable aerators

Corey,
Turfco builds two models. One is the traditional style, or the kind that you remember and feel for days after you aerate. The newest model is steerable, which means you turn it while it is in the ground. Lifting and turning is virtually eliminated. Feedback we get from users is that they are 30% more productive. It is also great on slopes.
You can check it out at www.turfco.com or contact us at 1-800-679-8201.
Tim Gray
Turfco