Register free!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Baseball Field Management

Anyone ever have a chance to bid their county baseball parks on a seasonal or yearly maintenance plan.
I have a chance, now and would like to know what would be a fair....

Scope of Work
1-Mowing, trimming
3- prepping (Dragging) every day and lining. ?Cost per field?
I am sure there will be more chances to the other work as far as aeration, overseeding, just don't know what the county does and does not do on a regular basis.

I am a high school baseball coach and they know we know how to make a baseball field and it's playing surface the best it can be so I was really wanting to have a full service package ready to propose.

Any ideas are welcomed.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ
Anyone ever have a chance to bid their county baseball parks on a seasonal or yearly maintenance plan.
I have a chance, now and would like to know what would be a fair....

Scope of Work
1-Mowing, trimming
3- prepping (Dragging) every day and lining. ?Cost per field?
I am sure there will be more chances to the other work as far as aeration, overseeding, just don't know what the county does and does not do on a regular basis.

I am a high school baseball coach and they know we know how to make a baseball field and it's playing surface the best it can be so I was really wanting to have a full service package ready to propose.

Any ideas are welcomed.
Don't take any offense to this, but find out what they are wanting before you worry about a full service package. It'll probably end up a lot of wasted time on your part.

I do 4 fields for the township here, along with 6 for a school district.

The only thing they want done is mowing. The coaches are responsible for dragging and lining the field.

I realize they want you to drag the field too, but as far as everything else, find out what they want first.

It doesn't make too much sense to set down for an hour or two, struggling over numbers, when the county was / isn't interested in the first place.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Get Out Quick

Not to sound negative wll maybe a little. I used to prep 18 fields a day for my local park district. Included a total of 4 man crew for everything... I worked for the county, but if you are having to pay for turface/ raid dry material you will have to bid high because you never know what spring will bring. I went through 17 skids in one season. Yes they could have better fields, but with youth athletics being so competitive now you will have your work cut out for you. I would suggest purchasing a JD bunker rake used if you can and attach a drag to the back of it... Toro just came out with one to, but it is heavy for infield prep.I don't want to scare you off ... I just want you to be prepared for parents, coaches, and politics... I chose to run!