Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2001, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone do landscape lighting as an add-on service? How much do you charge per fixture? What brand of fixtures are the best in quality and durability?
Old 04-13-2001, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I've never done any lighting jobs but i would think it goes in very fast unless you have to go under any concrete.Whatever you use mark it up at least 50%if not 100.
Old 04-20-2001, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I completed a large residential 110v lighting job last year, and the total was $4,200.00. 9v lighting is much cheaper, because anyone can do it. My rate for the house current lighting was as follows;

$45.00 for all labor.

30% mark up for all materials used.

I made a tidy profit since I was paid $45.00 per for electrical work and digging the trench for the conduit!!

As for quality fixtures, go with Hadco. They have a great return policy and good customer service. Check them out on line at http://www.hadco.com Hope this helps....
Old 04-20-2001, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been considering getting into outdoor lighting also. I have done quite a bit of research on it in my area. The going rate seems to be around $200.00 per fixture. This is for the good commercial grade stuff, not the 9 volt Home Depot throwbacks. The price includes the timer box and all field wiring. Average fixture will cost you around 30-40 each. Timer boxes vary the same as irrigation clocks. Depends on how many fixtures you are gonna connect to them.
Old 04-21-2001, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been installing systems and servicing them for approx 3 yrs now. Its a great add-on and very easy to install. The co. I deal with most is Nightscaping.com. Their products are adequately priced and the help is very knowledgable. I can get all fixtures through a local supplier in 2-3 days instead of the 7-10 from Cali. Give em a try. I also have some info on getting started (cable constants, beam spreads, measuring voltage runs, etc). If interested email me with an address and I'll try to send something to you when I have time.
Old 04-22-2001, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use Kichler lighting. On an average job we charge around $100.00 to 110.00 per fixture. This includes all wire, labor, stainless steel transformer and extra bulbs. I really enjoy installing it. What a diffrence it makes. We have a demo set we leave at clients homes. It's one of those things-once you see it you have to have it.

Rex
Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

over here in Oregon we charge about $175-$250 per fixture. There are alway many variables involved like concrete, specialty lights that run $$ etc.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

out of curiosity, have any of you noticed a trends towards solar accent/landscape lighting? and i'm not talking about the cheap stake lighting you can find at your local costco or target.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Mann View Post
We use Kichler lighting. On an average job we charge around $100.00 to 110.00 per fixture. This includes all wire, labor, stainless steel transformer and extra bulbs. I really enjoy installing it. What a diffrence it makes. We have a demo set we leave at clients homes. It's one of those things-once you see it you have to have it.

Rex
theres no way your using kichler and only charginf 100-110 per fixture. you DO NOT need to be doing lighting for this cheap, you are really hurting the REAL landscape lighting companies by doing this! ( i have a landscape lighting company by the way) and theres no way your making any money at that price, or else your using the cheap cheap crap, and not kichler.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 12-16-2007, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
We have been considering getting into outdoor lighting also. I have done quite a bit of research on it in my area. The going rate seems to be around $200.00 per fixture. This is for the good commercial grade stuff, not the 9 volt Home Depot throwbacks. The price includes the timer box and all field wiring. Average fixture will cost you around 30-40 each. Timer boxes vary the same as irrigation clocks. Depends on how many fixtures you are gonna connect to them.
please dont say what you pay for these lights. this is a very public site, and that can hurt us.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com