Register free!

Old 01-17-2006, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Need straw Now!!!

Having exhausted my local straw sources, I am in need of tractor trailer loads of wheat or rye straw in square bales. No fescue's or bermuda hay!!! Willing to take 2000 bales now with more needed in near future, but must be delivered to Western Nc area. We are loacted 100 miles north of Atlanta Ga, 100 miles south of Knoxville Tenn, 100 miles west of Asheville Nc. and about 120 miles from Greenvilles SC.

Straw must be reasonably clean and dry but doesnt have to be perfect. Bales should hold together without strings breaking when handled.

Also looking for good source for K31 fescue at reasonable prices. Willing to take 2 tons now if the price is right. Will come and pickup within reasonable distance. With good priceing might take several tons at once.

Interested parties may contact me here by private message or by email at muddstopper@yahoo.com and I will supply my number or leave yours and I will call on my dime.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what are you paying a bale? in tractor trailor loads?
agri metal strawblower
more power and hand tools than i haul
Old 01-22-2006, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Its not the cost of the straw that is running up my pricing, its the dadburn freight. Closest seller I have found is almost 500miles round trip. He will load my trucks for $1.80 a bale and deliver for $3.25 dropping his trailer. Since I dont own a large trailer, its cheaper for me to have him deliver. $3.25 is high but it beats $4 a bale at lowes and wally world. I am considering buying a roundbale processer. It getting harder to even find square bale hay around here as everybody is going to round balers.

Every straw salesman has told me the same thing, straw will be short this year due to increase in nitrogen pricing and farmers not planting.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just a thought for the future but we have had a farmer in the past bale up the straw and we picked it up in the field. he baled what we needed then went to big bales. kids don't put uphay or straw anymore.