Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best form of advertising?

Any ideas on how to target lighting customers. What works best? I was thinking the yellow pages and direct mail. What does landscape lighting fall under in the yellow pages? There's no listing here.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

advertising

Please give me a call at my office and I will give you some good ideas to get positive results. If I am out just leave a message
WEB: www.frog-lights.com
EMAIL: frog_lights@yahoo.com
Old 09-16-2005, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Frog make the 411 public or give me a call 216.389.4333 and let me know.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

advertising

Some ideas are:
Coupon mailing via Val Pak, you can select the zip codes to send to so you can find the best areas for likely customers.
Mail to you customer list: send them an offering for free estimate or a special for fall
Good living Magazines: in most areas there are free magazines (or subscription) for good dining or similar. This is a great place to advertise for upscale people read this.
Make a deal with other contractors ... you will do this installation and pay them a commission or fee. The same can be arranged with local garden centers. Most are now very interested in night lighting.
Please consider Frog Lights, LLC we just received 1 million dollars of new merchandise. Great designs never sold in USA before. Lawnsite members get 20 percent off wholesale and free shipping! We now also have cast brass fixtures as sold elsewhere but for less money. Now you can make $$$$
WEB: www.frog-lights.com
EMAIL: frog_lights@yahoo.com
Old 09-22-2005, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

nlminc, do you have a website? I have a lot of experience in online marketing and I'd be happy to help. Just e-mail me :-)

Last edited by Rock-Lights; 09-22-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Don't spend a fortune on advertising. I have used yellow page adds, direct mail, door hangers, you name it, I've done it. When I complete a lighting installation, I put out my yard sign. I also put one light on my sign!!! That and referrals make up 90% of my business. My truck signs make up another 5%. That means my advertising doesn't really pay for itself but you need to do some, just to have your name out there.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-15-2005, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll second Paul's advice. All of my business comes from referrals and partnering with other landscapers that do not have the time or knowledge to install lighting. With landscape lighting, all you will need is the lead, you will be able to close most deals with a well thought out and informative presentation. When you do one install in an area, all the neighbors will want professionally installed lighting.

When you explain to potential clients that they will be able to enjoy their landscape after dark, when traditionally it has been virtually invisible, they will usually give you the go ahead with a budget. If they are hesitant about spend a lot of money, create the best you can with their limited budget. More often than not, they will call you back to install the design you had originally proposed or add as much as they can afford.

Kirk
Old 01-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Sponsor

Importance of websites

I agree with the other posts. Print ads are very expensive and sometimes don't pay for themselves. Most green industry veterens find it important to have a small ad in local papers, but never in bigger papers. Coupon mailers tend to reach the wrong audience and tend to favor bargain hunters.

By far, the most cost-efficient and important advertising is a website. Hiring a pro design company is a must. Expect to pay around $5,000 and watch that investment pay for itself many times over!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hello Steve,
I created my own web site with free software that I down loaded on the web. It costs me about $200 a year for web hosting and about $25 per year for my domain. I built my website in about 2 days originally, and have added to it over the past couple of years. It is always important to keep a website up to date. I used Homestead, www.homestead.com for my site but there are others out there as well. I have gotten a couple of thousand hits on my site this year.
I just wanted to say that I don't think you have to spend a lot of money to create a good site.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes