Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Sean Adams Sean Adams is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,623
No, never heard of him but will check him out. I am always interested reading about different money management ideas, techniques, etc... Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
mastercare mastercare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Shelby Twp., MI
Posts: 289
Financial Advice

I am so glad to see this topic up on Lawnsite. I really hope that Sean can put together a forum for this, which I would gladly contribute to on a regular basis.

You see, I own a lawn business, but my other true passion is financial planning. I earned a degree in Finance from Michigan State University, and work today as a financial advisor. While in college I started cutting grass for some extra money, and by the time I graduated, the lawn business had become too profitable to give up. So, if you get a hold of me during the beginning of the week you'll find that I'm working in an office, if you call late in the week, I'll be cutting grass with the rest of you.

Because of the connection I have with both the financial and green industries, I have naturally become a financial planner who works almost exclusively with small business owners, particularly in the green industry. I handle health insurance, life insurance, business succession planning, and retirement plans for small businesses and their families.

If anyone has questions, or would just like some general information on what their options are, please send me a private message, and I'd be happy to respond.

I can't agree more that its a shame that people don't spend more time planning for their futures. Whether you own a business or you're an engineer; you can be the best at what you do, and its all useless unless you know what to do with your paycheck when you get it home!!!

Wishing all the best,
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Freshcut Lawn Care's Avatar
Freshcut Lawn Care Freshcut Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 395
Another good topic Sean.

I have heard of Dave Ramsey as well. He is very knowledgeable and teaches a lot of common sense stuff!

You guys should check his stuff out as jc50292 recommends!

www.daveramsey.com

Take care guys and gals!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-23-2006, 12:58 PM
olderthandirt olderthandirt is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: here
Posts: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
No, never heard of him but will check him out. I am always interested reading about different money management ideas, techniques, etc... Thanks for the link.
Sean, Rod has come up with a technique for money managment that your probably quite aware of or even mastered the idea. Its most often referred to as mattress stuffin. and it has benefits in 2 ways it provides a place for [stash] your income and the more you stuff it the better you will sleep. A firm mattress has proven to be better for your back thus leaving you more refreshed the following morning.
But as I said you probably got your walls covered with stuffed matresses, works as sound proofing as you scream gleefully at us working peons
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Sean Adams Sean Adams is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
Sean, Rod has come up with a technique for money managment that your probably quite aware of or even mastered the idea. Its most often referred to as mattress stuffin. and it has benefits in 2 ways it provides a place for [stash] your income and the more you stuff it the better you will sleep. A firm mattress has proven to be better for your back thus leaving you more refreshed the following morning.
But as I said you probably got your walls covered with stuffed matresses, works as sound proofing as you scream gleefully at us working peons
hmmmm..... mattresssite.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-23-2006, 05:45 PM
DUSTYCEDAR's Avatar
DUSTYCEDAR DUSTYCEDAR is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 5,171
i have seen first hand rod's technique on how to stuff and let me tell u its kinda violent but gets the job done
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-25-2006, 09:55 AM
nephilim0167's Avatar
nephilim0167 nephilim0167 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 144
I remember reading in a book about financial planning that when you have a child to set aside 1,000$ in an IRA for them. By the time the retire they'll be millionaires. Unfortunately I dont remember the name of the book, but I'll look for it. I know once I'm at the age where I have children I would like to do something like this for them. As for me being 19 right now, I plan on having a retirement account setup by the time I'm 21. I know it seems like a long time but that's always been my goal since High School. I have a savings account that I contribute to bi-weekly right now that I will use. This is a very important subject to me and should be to all of us wanting to retire and still live with a decent lifestyle. Cheers~
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
nocutting nocutting is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 532
"Good Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim0167
I remember reading in a book about financial planning that when you have a child to set aside 1,000$ in an IRA for them. By the time the retire they'll be millionaires. Unfortunately I dont remember the name of the book, but I'll look for it. I know once I'm at the age where I have children I would like to do something like this for them. As for me being 19 right now, I plan on having a retirement account setup by the time I'm 21. I know it seems like a long time but that's always been my goal since High School. I have a savings account that I contribute to bi-weekly right now that I will use. This is a very important subject to me and should be to all of us wanting to retire and still live with a decent lifestyle. Cheers~
Start Early, start young............
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.09682 seconds with 7 queries