Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2000, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, thanks to the "Lawnguy" I am going to quit coming to this site. This might not mean much to most, but I do want to thank a few of you. Chuck obviously for thinking of and running this great site. Eric for all of your help and your great site and I apologize for not knowing your names off hand, but to those of you who have e-mailed me lately with info and downloads and just to anyone who has ever answered a ? for me. I truly mean this when I say this site has been the #1 reason my business has taken off so well this year. I have never been this busy ever! As for the lawnguy, no what you said isn't the worst thing I've heard, but I'm just to tired at the end of my 12 hour day to come home to listen to your crap. This site is to help not hurt. Like I said in my other post, if I disagree with someone I would rather not say anything at all than say something stupid. When everoyne is on the "same page" and is on this site to HELP everyone else out this is truly a great site for our industry. Thanks again to all of you and keep up the good work!
Old 04-17-2000, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I must have been asleep, what happened?<br>Whatever it was, shouldn't cause you to vacate the premises, just ignore it and continue to take part in a good thing! Good info is extremely hard to come by so if it's a disagreement between the 2 of you, let it be just that, a disagreement.<p><br>Homer<p>
Old 04-17-2000, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

OH, I went back and read a little, I see why you are pissed now. Stick around though, it'll get better.<p>Homer
Old 04-17-2000, 11:35 PM
jakev

You have to take the good from the bad. I am 27 years old and I started my lawn service out of high school and I now net over 225k a year. I got my business sence from my step-father. My step dad owns his own plumbing comany and he was a great business man but a drunk and abusive father. <p>Now, I consider myself a good business man and a great father. <p>Please don't let a negative response to your question drive you away from knowledge. If I listened to all the negative words I received in my young life I would be exactally what they said I would be.. a loser.<p>Like I said.. take the good from the bad.<p>Jake V.
Old 04-18-2000, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Member

jd as read this post i have to laugh. now im not laughing at you it just brings to mind a story. i was kanas painting a road 500 miles from home when the kansas dot thought he knew more about painting this road than i did . {i was 1 of 200 people in the country that could run this paint truckand 1 of 2 in kansas}so after o breif aurgument with this guy i get in my $350,000 paint truck and had home without painting his roadi get 2 hours away and he calls says i was right and to come back and paint his road. so i go back and same thing he knew more then i did but this time i was tape recording our conversation so i painted this road which cost $354,823.44 to paint i go home. 1 week latter im back down there taking off this paint because it was wrong. that cost kansas another250,000 then i painted it the right way whick cost kansas 354,823.44 again. the moral IS THAT I WAS RIGHT AND THE OTHER GUY WAS WRONG. I WAS THE WINNER NOT THE LOSER so just do what you think is right and you tou will be the winner. buy leaving this fourm you are losing and the other guy is winning DONT LET THAT HAPPEN
Old 04-18-2000, 03:29 AM
LawnSite Member

John Deere: Are you the fellow from Nebraska whose family is from Dixon IL? Talked to you once on e-mail if that was you, but forgot who it was. <p>Stick around. <p>Brad
Old 04-18-2000, 05:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow, good bye! blame it on the lawnguy. thanks to him i'll have someone to blame all day today. not really, i don't blame others for my actions. no wonder the lawnguy works alone. My office has more action than this argument, when two people agree on everything than one of them is not needed. have a good life, hope i was not to rough. Good luck
Old 04-18-2000, 06:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

JD. I wouldn't worry about it too much.<br>Hell,I get worse from customers and I dont<br>leave,I RETALIATE!. So relax,take a deep<br>breath and count to 10.(doesnt work with me<br>I cant count that high )<p>Karl<p>
Old 04-18-2000, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Member

JD, If you'll notice from any of his responses, he's very abrasive and opinionated. That's just his personality, obviously. Everything he says starts out with &quot;you should&quot; or you don't&quot;. Don't let a personality conflict push you away from a great resource, such as this forum. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEED A BIG GROUP HUG! Just kidding, stick around.<br> Bill
Old 04-18-2000, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Though I`m not familiar with your situatuion<br>on this forum let me say in general people with abrasive personalities that run lawn service businesses are a good source for new customers for me. Other than that they are just to be ignored.<br>
Closed Thread