Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsogr
I will always look upon those that start their business with nothing. Get educated, find a job, make money, and then when you have contributed something to society start your business. Don't be so selfish as to drag down an industry to make a dollar.

To each their own. I had to start somewhere, as many other people do. You want to look down on me, that is fine. I guess you are just a better person.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

thanks tosites

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
Guys, there is a long-standing rule on this forum concerning these threads. It started sometime last year as the powers-that-be decided these threads were not productive for the survival of the forum and it also looked bad on our Industry in general, that is to talk down on others.

It was then decided rather unanimously that we would all do our best to not start the scrub threads anymore. For those of you who remember, I believe we realized we were human and that we might fail at times, but to come back around as soon as we saw ourselves do it, and stop the behavior at once.

those that look down on others trying to earn money, usually dont feel very good about themselves, so they have to bash others to make themselves feel or look better...

if you are my competition you are not lesser... due to equipment or the vehicle you drive.... if i take you serious enough to call you competition.... then you are my sworn enemy and you must be assimilated....
6 full time
Old 01-28-2006, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmygew
To each their own. I had to start somewhere, as many other people do. You want to look down on me, that is fine. I guess you are just a better person.
Yes everyone has to start somewhere. I started with going to college, making some money, and raising the standard. Most of the people that I see running lawn care businesses are uneducated, not all of them.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-28-2006, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc
Thats not a beater truck. That is a clasic!
Well that's my work vehicle.Old truck is what you guys were saying weren't you??Image,Image,Image..
huh?:blob1:
Old 01-28-2006, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc
Thats not a beater truck. That is a clasic!
Well that is my work vehicle and it sure did not look that way when I 1st started driving it 10 years ago.(guess it's time for some paint now huh?)
I also wear pretty much whatever I want on the job, take my dog along with me 1/2 the time ,and can sometimes be caught swearing up a blue streak by my clients(sneaking up on me):blush:
I also talk to myself quite alot on jobsites to keep my head on where I am at and what is next. So I pretty much look like you imagine your competition would look like,though we aren't in the same league
at all.:blob1:
Old 01-28-2006, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

double post
Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Look at my new thread "Things handled poorly when you first started my business?" It will show you I'm not acting like my s**t doesn't stink!!

By the way I obviously made an oops on the title- its supposed to be "your business." :blush:
Old 01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bumping this back up for Stuie wants to see my truck
Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks She............. Love it!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsogr
Yes everyone has to start somewhere. I started with going to college, making some money, and raising the standard. Most of the people that I see running lawn care businesses are uneducated, not all of them.
Actually, I started off in lawn care as a way to earn money to pay for college. That is how I was able to go. My parents worked very hard and still could not pay for it. Uneducated? Yes, I'll admit I was when I started. I have gained a lot of knowledge over the years. My point is, not everyone is financially able to start off with that shiny new Z or truck. I know I wasn't. I still don't buy what many consider to be nice trucks. They run good and look "decent". Why buy a $40,000.00 truck when I will very seldom unhook it from the trailer?