Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2006, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

savings by NOT HAVING health insurence

i dropped my health coverage in april of 2005. i was paying, roughly, $1100 per month. if i would have continued to pay, i would have spent over $11,000 in the past 10 months. instead, i have covered medical expenses out of pocket. i have spent about $3,000 out of pocket. A SAVINGS OF about $8,000 so far. insurence isn't as important, as timing. insurence is a scam. thank you
Old 01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Savings if nothing happens = 13,200/yr
If something major happens= loss of everything you own.

You decide?

kc
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Its a dang if you do and dang if you dont in my book, So many people now have a heart catherdadation (sp) and that would be enought to sink most people for the rest of your life, not to mention any major illness.

wayne

Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Insurance is not meant for little doctor visits for colds. Insurance is really supposed to be used when you go in to the ER after having a stroke and the bill is $100,000.

This is not the first time you have posted your money savings, so before I have gone to my uncle (VP of a large wisconsin insurance co.) and told him about your savings. He said, "Hes gonna be paying for the rest of his life if something major happens."

Last edited by ALarsh; 01-25-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Carothers
Savings if nothing happens = 13,200/yr
If something major happens= loss of everything you own.

You decide?

kc
if, if, if, if. do you have airplane insurence? what IF an airplane crashes on your roof? lots of "IF's". i'm not talking "if's", i'm talking rock hard numbers. no if's, no maybe's, just rock hard numbers. i'll gice you an "if". ok, IF you went with no insurence at all, i mean health, auto, liability, none at all, from the time you were 20 thru 35, and instead invested those premiums in ira's, you'd retire a millionair. alot of if's, but if's don't mean anything. i'm 40 something, to date i've spent well over $150,000 on various types of insurences. to date, if i DIDN'T have those insurences, i'd have AT LEAST $135,000 of that money still in my hand. no "if's", just facts
Old 01-25-2006, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What wrong Geddy, you running out of TROLLS? Because you posted this EXACT SAME POST on here about 6 months ago.

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome back!

I don't know, I was in the same boat as you for a few years. I was healthy and had never made a claim. Granted I wasn't paying what you are (ouch) but it still was a bite out of my account for something I saw no benifit of.
I contemplated cancelling all together a few times! Finally I just searched around and found a good provider that was less money and went that route.

A few years, and a lot of pain later I was diagnosed with Rhumetiod Arthritis. Went thru a progression of treatments starting cheap and worked my way up till we found something that works. The cost of it is around $2,600 every 8 weeks for the treatment!!! No way could I have afforded any treatment without insurance.

The other thing, is that now that I have a life long incureable disease I'm uninsurable! If I didn't have insurance and was diagnosed I would have never been able to get it with any provider. You can't change your mind and decide to get insurance once you are already sick or injured... Better to just maintain what you have.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
What wrong Geddy, you running out of TROLLS? Because you posted this EXACT SAME POST on here about 6 months ago.
no, but the number keeps going up up up
Old 01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
And he didnt even say he was glad to be back or he missed us, seems he came back in a bad mood too

wayne

Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
if, if, if, if. do you have airplane insurence? what IF an airplane crashes on your roof? lots of "IF's". i'm not talking "if's", i'm talking rock hard numbers. no if's, no maybe's, just rock hard numbers. i'll gice you an "if". ok, IF you went with no insurence at all, i mean health, auto, liability, none at all, from the time you were 20 thru 35, and instead invested those premiums in ira's, you'd retire a millionair. alot of if's, but if's don't mean anything. i'm 40 something, to date i've spent well over $150,000 on various types of insurences. to date, if i DIDN'T have those insurences, i'd have AT LEAST $135,000 of that money still in my hand. no "if's", just facts
OK Bobby, I changed the ifs.

Savings when nothing happens = 13,200/yr
when something major happens= loss of everything you own.

It's still the same. It's a game of chance. Are you willing to risk your family?

You decide?

kc