Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have 9 toes because of a mower accident that occured when I was 14. I could not Imagine not having health insurance. Not for doctor visits but for emergencys, just think if you cut your finger tip off with a hedge trimmer, that could turn into a 10,000 deal real quick. what if you fall and break ribs, or limbs? I don't know anybody who could pay these types of bills. It's just peice of mind, God forbid you nee emergency life and death surgury, the hospital will treat you alot better if you have insurance, not to mention you won't have to pay a 1/4 million dollar medical bill!

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

once again, alot of "what if's", with very few talking about hard fact.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpocket
What did you do Bobby re create an old thread I remember reading this one about 6 months ago! The tread says "today" im confused.
If you beleive in magic! And I hope you do! You'll always have Bobbygedd wearing BIG RED shoes!

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paponte
If you beleive in magic! And I hope you do! You'll always have Bobbygedd wearing BIG RED shoes!
once again, you talk and talk, but nothing comes out. any numbers? you got any? as far as i see, by the size of your operation you are taking a bath in insurence. any numbers?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My insurance has not made anything if any off of my family. With the heart problems, acid refux, high blood pressure, and arthristis they would love for me to drop them!! My son was in the hospital when he was born and for 6 days it was 60 grand! Thes second time he was in was 20 grand. There is no way Im dropping our insurance if I have to do without eating. The bills I had last year were over 30 grand and I had to pay about 3 grand of it. I think we are paying a little less than 300 a month for it through the board of education.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
once again, you talk and talk, but nothing comes out. any numbers? you got any? as far as i see, by the size of your operation you are taking a bath in insurence. any numbers?

LOL now that is HILARIOUS the way you put it! Bobby to answer your question no noth ever really happens. I have yet to use my insurance, but what are you going to do when you need it? Say you have a heart attack tomorrow, and the bills total 250,000 then what do you do. That 11,000 you save will mean nothing.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityLawnCare4u
My insurance has not made anything if any off of my family. With the heart problems, acid refux, high blood pressure, and arthristis they would love for me to drop them!! My son was in the hospital when he was born and for 6 days it was 60 grand! Thes second time he was in was 20 grand. There is no way Im dropping our insurance if I have to do without eating. The bills I had last year were over 30 grand and I had to pay about 3 grand of it. I think we are paying a little less than 300 a month for it threw the board of education.
i'm sorry for your hardships, but, are you the exception, or the rule? i probably know 50 people in thier 30's and 40's, who have never had the need for insurence, compared to 2-3, who have. sorry, but the numbers don't lie.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
once again, alot of "what if's", with very few talking about hard fact.
I'm not talking "what if's".

If I didn't have health insurance I would be filing for bankruptcy fast. Without their 80% up to 2500 then 100% I would not be able to afford a house.

This post is nothing more than a good way to make those that think like this realize that they are nuts for not having health insurance. We know that any SMART person in this world would never go without it (that can afford it).

Bobby, you always to such a great job of stirring everyone up.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpocket
LOL now that is HILARIOUS the way you put it! Bobby to answer your question no noth ever really happens. I have yet to use my insurance, but what are you going to do when you need it? Say you have a heart attack tomorrow, and the bills total 250,000 then what do you do. That 11,000 you save will mean nothing.
and sir, the other side of the coin= what will you do, if, after paying for health ins for 40 yrs (approx $40-$50,000)you DON'T need it? will you cry? will you realize that you threw your money on something alot lesser than a freakin horse race (cus at least with your own health, you have some control over the outcome.)
Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose
I'm not talking "what if's".

If I didn't have health insurance I would be filing for bankruptcy fast. Without their 80% up to 2500 then 100% I would not be able to afford a house.

This post is nothing more than a good way to make those that think like this realize that they are nuts for not having health insurance. We know that any SMART person in this world would never go without it (that can afford it).

Bobby, you always to such a great job of stirring everyone up.
actually, it is smarter, mathematically, to NOT HAVE HEALTH INSURENCE. using simple math, and the laws of odds and probabilities, the AVERAGE person, if, they had to pay for thier own health coverage, would lose money by doing so.