Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Inc
I hope I didn't miss the extra $, I just renewed my license last week, and it said the fee was $400. I wasn't aware of the exrtra fee.
I stand corrected. The $100 is a one time fee, every renewal is $400. You are right AL.

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't scare me like that, Paul, I've got enough problems LOL
Old 01-26-2006, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

In NJ the min. insurance is 500k per occurrence of gen liab. Also, this reg# is needed if you do anything other than grass cutting. This includes mulching, planting, etc. Pretty much anything that we all do other than cut grass. I do not think that it has anything to do with your name. It is totally to do with what services that you provide.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Rob,

Is there testing involved?

Mike
La. Landscape Contractor #2576
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No, as of right now there is no testing involved. The only requirements that I recall are: 1. You are a legitimate business (I had to send them the info of my formation.) 2. Minimum of 500k gen liab. Other than that the only other things that I remember were filling out the app. and $90 check. It could even be a personal check. However, I did read an article where they were talking about in the future possibly making mandatory education. There was a pretty nice size article in one of larger local papers in the area. They are definitely trying to educate the public to this new law.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
No, as of right now there is no testing involved. The only requirements that I recall are: 1. You are a legitimate business (I had to send them the info of my formation.) 2. Minimum of 500k gen liab. Other than that the only other things that I remember were filling out the app. and $90 check. It could even be a personal check. However, I did read an article where they were talking about in the future possibly making mandatory education. There was a pretty nice size article in one of larger local papers in the area. They are definitely trying to educate the public to this new law.

unless the state knows they can make some serious money enforcing it, there not going to.. look at all the fines they can hit people with for illegal chemical applications. In about SEVEN years i've seen one inspector for the DEP...
Old 01-27-2006, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, you are probably right. I was thinking that they are probably going to be looking more toward home improvement contractors (i.e. roofers, remodelers etc.) than us. However, I do not want to be the one that they make an example of. If they do ever decide to enforce it I would rather be safe then sorry.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun
unless the state knows they can make some serious money enforcing it, there not going to.. look at all the fines they can hit people with for illegal chemical applications. In about SEVEN years i've seen one inspector for the DEP...
you never know though, just look at the dept of labor the last 2 yrs. every guy i know got stopped and hassled by them.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
you never know though, just look at the dept of labor the last 2 yrs. every guy i know got stopped and hassled by them.
even though they didn't make it up by me, I told my guys to keep a recent pay stub with them after you told me about the dept. of labor going around checking for payroll taxes and wc insurance.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd

how professional did the guys look? you think they stopped some chooch in a 1976 6 different color chevy pickup, or a crew full of mexicans with jose' landscaping on the doors, i doubt it.. there are gonna stop the guys who have half way descent rigs cuz they know thats where the money is at... i fing hate NJ so much...