Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
paponte's Avatar
paponte paponte is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Islandia, N.Y.
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Inc
I hope I didn't miss the extra $, I just renewed my license last week, and it said the fee was $400. I wasn't aware of the exrtra fee.
I stand corrected. The $100 is a one time fee, every renewal is $400. You are right AL.
__________________
P. Aponte Landscape & Design, Inc.
When Quality Counts, You Can Count On Us...

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
AL Inc AL Inc is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,225
Don't scare me like that, Paul, I've got enough problems LOL
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC's Avatar
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC Trinity Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 946
In NJ the min. insurance is 500k per occurrence of gen liab. Also, this reg# is needed if you do anything other than grass cutting. This includes mulching, planting, etc. Pretty much anything that we all do other than cut grass. I do not think that it has anything to do with your name. It is totally to do with what services that you provide.
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
LandscapePro LandscapePro is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 138
Rob,

Is there testing involved?

Mike
La. Landscape Contractor #2576
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC's Avatar
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC Trinity Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 946
No, as of right now there is no testing involved. The only requirements that I recall are: 1. You are a legitimate business (I had to send them the info of my formation.) 2. Minimum of 500k gen liab. Other than that the only other things that I remember were filling out the app. and $90 check. It could even be a personal check. However, I did read an article where they were talking about in the future possibly making mandatory education. There was a pretty nice size article in one of larger local papers in the area. They are definitely trying to educate the public to this new law.
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 AM
AintNoFun AintNoFun is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
No, as of right now there is no testing involved. The only requirements that I recall are: 1. You are a legitimate business (I had to send them the info of my formation.) 2. Minimum of 500k gen liab. Other than that the only other things that I remember were filling out the app. and $90 check. It could even be a personal check. However, I did read an article where they were talking about in the future possibly making mandatory education. There was a pretty nice size article in one of larger local papers in the area. They are definitely trying to educate the public to this new law.


unless the state knows they can make some serious money enforcing it, there not going to.. look at all the fines they can hit people with for illegal chemical applications. In about SEVEN years i've seen one inspector for the DEP...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC's Avatar
Trinity Lawn Care, LLC Trinity Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 946
Yeah, you are probably right. I was thinking that they are probably going to be looking more toward home improvement contractors (i.e. roofers, remodelers etc.) than us. However, I do not want to be the one that they make an example of. If they do ever decide to enforce it I would rather be safe then sorry.
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun
unless the state knows they can make some serious money enforcing it, there not going to.. look at all the fines they can hit people with for illegal chemical applications. In about SEVEN years i've seen one inspector for the DEP...
you never know though, just look at the dept of labor the last 2 yrs. every guy i know got stopped and hassled by them.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
rodfather's Avatar
rodfather rodfather is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Clinton, NJ
Posts: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
you never know though, just look at the dept of labor the last 2 yrs. every guy i know got stopped and hassled by them.
even though they didn't make it up by me, I told my guys to keep a recent pay stub with them after you told me about the dept. of labor going around checking for payroll taxes and wc insurance.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
AintNoFun AintNoFun is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
you never know though, just look at the dept of labor the last 2 yrs. every guy i know got stopped and hassled by them.

how professional did the guys look? you think they stopped some chooch in a 1976 6 different color chevy pickup, or a crew full of mexicans with jose' landscaping on the doors, i doubt it.. there are gonna stop the guys who have half way descent rigs cuz they know thats where the money is at... i fing hate NJ so much...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.10267 seconds with 7 queries