Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you guys saying you have to have a contractors licence on top of your bis licence to install lanscape plants and mulch? Because in doing so would would would be an "improvement" thus raising the value of a property? In a way I could see installing plants/trees/shrubs could increase the value of a property to some extent but mulch should be consitered maintenance. And I thought my state was nuts
WSDA# 65537
Old 01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun
how professional did the guys look? you think they stopped some chooch in a 1976 6 different color chevy pickup, or a crew full of mexicans with jose' landscaping on the doors, i doubt it.. there are gonna stop the guys who have half way descent rigs cuz they know thats where the money is at... i fing hate NJ so much...
actually, they stopped guys i know that had nice stuff, and guys that had crappy stuff. how do you rationalize that "the big nice stuff is where the money is at?" i HATE that thinking. in fact, the guys with the crappola stuff, if they are smart enough, make ALOT MORE than the guys with the big new toys. there is one guy here, 7 shiny trucks, 22 employees, everything very nice and new and "pro fesh ion al". I NETTED MORE THAN HIM, with my crappy trucks, old mowers, a small mexican, and a lazy female employee. and i SPENT MOST OF THE SUMMER INTOXICATED!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
actually, they stopped guys i know that had nice stuff, and guys that had crappy stuff. how do you rationalize that "the big nice stuff is where the money is at?" i HATE that thinking. in fact, the guys with the crappola stuff, if they are smart enough, make ALOT MORE than the guys with the big new toys. there is one guy here, 7 shiny trucks, 22 employees, everything very nice and new and "pro fesh ion al". I NETTED MORE THAN HIM, with my crappy trucks, old mowers, a small mexican, and a lazy female employee. and i SPENT MOST OF THE SUMMER INTOXICATED!
how do you know you netted more than him.. even if he told you people do lie.. i lie about what i make all the time and always tell people i make a helluva lot less... cuz the generalization is the guys with nice trucks have the money to pay the fines........
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

well, that's a dumb generalization. the richest people i know, appear to be broke. and the brokest people i know, appear to be rich. now, as far as this guy i was talking about.......facts are facts. in FACT, i know 2 guys that built "big" and went broke. one guy grossed 1.2 million, AND LOST money(no, he didn't draw a salary, and show a loss to the business) quite the contrary, he wasn't able to draw a salary at all, and still lost money. the other guy grossed alot more than that, and ended up in the same boat. both individuals currently work for someone else, while they desperately struggle to hold on. one even told me flat out, as he stood beside my rusty old dodge looking at my earthway spreader, patched up with duct tape, and my two old walk behinds, "when i had a setup like this, i made money, i wish i had kept it this way. "
Old 01-28-2006, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

yea right...
keep telling yourself that bobby and you might actually start believing it.....
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

why don't you just mind your own business
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Contacted home improvement contractors office two weeks before christmass and left message. Stated name, number, company, and said I had questions on the application sheet and I want to make sure when I send it in everything is correct and avoid holdups. No call for a week. Call back the wednesday before christmass same thing except I state the two specific questions I have. Tuesday afternoon rolls around and still haven't heard from them. Called, still nobody their and left a third message.

No call back that day so place in the mail making two assumptions. Wanted to make sure I got the BS application in before the 31st. Last week I get a phone call from jack...or whoever...I forget his name...from home improvement contractors office. I asked why he was calling, he said he was returning my phone call and wanted to answer the questions I had. After a long chuckle and a deep breath was taken I asked what took so long? Reponse...we are very busy. I said what good is it going to do now, I already made the assumptions and sent the application in. He said, oh sorry about that.

I asked if he could check on the status of the application. He put me on hold for all of 5 seconds to say, yes we have received your application. I asked, well, how much longer for the number. He said he didn't know. I said, 3 days, two months, anything. Nope he said. I said thanks for the returned phone call...laughed and hung up.

Just frustrating...

I checked my bank online, they cashed my check on 01/10 and wrote an application number on it. I'm hoping within the next week so I can start printing out my flyers and be 'legal and legit' and place my stupid f-ing number on their!!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
why don't you just mind your own business
lol

i see you changed your sig line.....
i think it is cute how you put forth lies like your sig line.....just lets everybody know how much to believe what u say
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

"13:45A-16.2 Unlawful Practices"

8. Competitors:
i. Misrepresent that the work of a competitor was performed by the seller;

ii. Misrepresent that the seller's products, materials or workmanship are equal to or better than those of a competitor; or

iii. Use or imitate the trademarks, trade names, labels or other distinctive marks of a competitor.

I'm sorry, but that is just funny

"No miss, my workmanship is not equal to or better than my competitor"

Think that will land me the job?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:24 AM
LawnSite Member

In NJ how do you apply and to who for this license?
Where do you get the paperwork?

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"