Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2000, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I wear Justin Work Boots with a steel toe. They have really soft leather and the speed laces help tighten the support around my ankles. They last forever and cost around $120.00. The Santa Fe Railroad here requires this particular boot for all their employs.<p>I wear the steel toe just in case OSHA comes by. Besides I do worry some about getting confused on where I feet belong. On top of the mower I think?<p>Adam
Old 03-17-2000, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a military style of boot.I kept my <br>boots when I discharged from the army and they were great.Waterproof and plenty of grip. I now wear a similar boot by the name <br>of U.S Cavalry.They are ok but havent lasted<br>too well.
Old 03-17-2000, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I wear a pair of Herman Survivor hiking boots. They're lightweight, waterproof, and only cost me $69.99. Unfortunately I cant find them at Academy anymore. I also put a set of Dr. Scholls padded sole for extra comfort. I can go all day with no aches or pains.<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>
Old 03-17-2000, 09:26 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
I have a pair of herman low tops with the<br>work duty insoles and the lug sole. But they<br>are so heavy (size 13) I only wear them in spring and fall. In the summer I usually go<br>with a pair of casual shoes I have had for a<br>while. Most of my mowing is done with a stand<br>on sulky and my feet are protected by diamond<br>plate steel. I have just 7 customers in 5 stops that I have to use a 21&quot;. Those seniors<br>have been with me for a long time and don't<br>give my any hassle plus one always needs<br>a little cash.
Old 04-16-2000, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I use 8&quot; Red Wings a bit pricey but held up twice as long as my timberlands. I also wore them for 12 hours straight the first day never a blister. Also I strongly recommend Steel toes I once took a 6&quot; piece of bailing wire right through the shoe in my foot all because i didnt have steel toes on. That wasnt worth the money saved.
Old 04-16-2000, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Chinese Slippers the only way to go!
Old 04-16-2000, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Red Wings with steel toes. Very confortable, lots of ankle support, nad they look great. Use the bear greese to water proof them.<p>Andy----&gt; www.admservices.com
Old 04-16-2000, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Black leather dickies with steel toe<br>$25.00
Old 04-16-2000, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Black leather dickies boots with steel toe<br>$25.00
Old 04-16-2000, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I have looked into the steel toe options but as you stated they are really no match for the blades. I wear Adidas cross trainers and they grip very well. I wear Nike golf shoes for the really steep stuff. I get about a season out of each pair, I buy them at Rack Room for about $30 each.