Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2000, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a one of those dumping landscape trailer to haul their equipment? the one I've got is a BRI-MAR with a 5ft. landscape gate. The deck is 21&quot; off the ground. Do the math the gate is pretty steep. Will there be problems loading a ZTR saftely?<p>
Old 04-16-2000, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, Put a helmet on your worst employee and give it a shot! I think you would be taking a risk, but they do sell it with the idea of loading a Bobcat don't they? If a bobcat can make up there I would think a Ztr could.<br>Chris<br>PS. The above information is an expressed opinion of someone who does not own such a trailer that you speak of. You (or youy worst employee) exculpate the above (me) for<br>any damages,injuries and or death resulting from the express opinion:&gt <p>
Old 04-16-2000, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim, we own a EZ dumper. We use it for landscaping mainly, but on the days we mow our large accounts we take it with to dump grass into. I have backed our Z-track into it, but one word for you about that - tricky! Our EZ dumper came with 2 ramps that are 1' wide ea. As long as you can back up straight then you shouldn't have any problems, but that's not always easy to do. If you can get a dump trailer with a regular ramp gate then you have a leg up, but you usually don't want that type of gate for a dump trailer. Kind of a catch 22.
Old 04-16-2000, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HAVE SOMEONE WELD AN EXTENSION TO THE EXISTING GATE ,THAT WILL FOLD DOWN OUT OF THE WAY VIA HINGES.IT WILL BE HEAVIER BUT JUST ADD A SPRING ASSIST, THIS SHOULD MAKE YOUR PROBLEM SIMPLER.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-17-2000, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

there are people on this forum that have walk behinds that can mow an 80deg hill i dont see why you cant load a ztr on that <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 04-17-2000, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I loaded the trailer today. Yes a little tricky. The ramp is as wide as the trailer so part worked out ok. Once I actually started up the ramp the back of the scraped ground, so I turned the machine to back in instead, and used the hydralics to lift the front of the trailer about foot and a half, then back right in. No need for a helmet, and besides I am my worst employee, being a one man show. Thanks, an oh ya I'm going to a fold out extension added to the gate, which by the way swings down, or pins to posts and swings up when off loading grass or fill.<p><p>----------<br>Jim White<br>