Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2006, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Takeuchi people, need your opinion on how much this TL150 might be worth...

Local dealership is about to have a 2003 TL150 up for sale. The machine has a little over 2,000 hours. A brand new set of tracks was just installed last week and the current undercarriage still looks pretty good. It was a rental machine which scares me the most. But just by looking at the machine it may have had a slightly better life than alot of rentals as it has no serious cosmetic damage.

Was wondering if anybody might have a ball park figure of what this machine should sell for?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It might look nice and clean, but if a guy rents the machine for a week, 9 times out of 10 he never greases it daily like he should. I stay away from rental machines for purchase, the cheap price is usually for a reason.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Trust me, I don't need anybody to tell me to be wary of a former rental unit. For my purposes, if the price is right it might be worth taking a chance. Thats why I'm asking opinions on what this machine might be worth. I also have a fairly good personal relationship with several people at this dealership. Because of that, this is the only company I would even consider buying a used rental from.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's a gut instinct then as far as buying a rental piece goes. Obviously you'll want to inspect it very thoroughly. As for a guesttimated price on the machine, I'm not really one to ask, I don't know Takeuchi all that well. But if you find out that the price is right, it might be worth your while.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think the best solution is negeotiate a limited warranty on the purchase, such as 60-90 day warranty. This takes all the pressure off of you to find any problems that maybe just under the surface that you wont find on a short demo. Another trick I use is have the dealer run the VIN and get the work history on the machine. This will tell you exactly what has been done either on warranty or after. There are quite a few 150's in my area. I have not heard anything even to be on the look out for as far as potential problem areas.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.