Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #131  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 AM
PaperCutter PaperCutter is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,471
Looks like it would be a pretty simple set of shop drawings. Get me a good side view, rear view, and pay for my time doing them and I can knock it out.
  #132  
Old 01-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Hey there Patriot, did you used to live in Massachusetts?
Nope. My screen name isn't even close to my company name. Found out the hard way. Talking about yourself online and you become a prime target for identity theft.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #133  
Old 01-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,070
Cool, just wondering because there was a guy on here from Mass named patriot at one point...
  #134  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Mow Mony Mow Mony is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 215
So I have decided an all in one truck setup is in our future. Have a 2005 ram longbed regular cab that will work perfect.
anyone have pics of their longbed truck setup with landscaper bed?
or factory bed with dovetail/ramp setup?
or factory bed with just a different gate setup?
If so how has the ramp held up, which brand did you go with?

I know there are older threads, but many of the picture links don't work anymore, and most I find are huge cabover trucks or rangers.

Thinking about keeping the bed and just getting a tailgater or similar type ramp, or having the dovetail/gate made for it, not sure what would make the most sense.

On my ram I can still fit a 48" between the wheel wells, so currently thinking one 30" commercial exmark mower and one 48" turf tracer. Main reason for this setup will be parking it every night an affordable enclosed secure storage spot, which wouldn't be possible with a truck and trailer. Looking for efficiency, but also the capability to do most any lots we would normally service within that route area to keep it tight, hence the larger mowers than the standard 21" setup. Thanks for your input!
__________________
MJslawn.com - Virginia Beach and Chesapeake Lawn Care

Last edited by Mow Mony; 01-21-2014 at 09:53 PM.
  #135  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Mony View Post
So I have decided an all in one truck setup is in our future. Have a 2005 ram longbed regular cab that will work perfect.
anyone have pics of their longbed truck setup with landscaper bed?
or factory bed with dovetail/ramp setup?
or factory bed with just a different gate setup?
If so how has the ramp held up, which brand did you go with?

I know there are older threads, but many of the picture links don't work anymore, and most I find are huge cabover trucks or rangers.

Thinking about keeping the bed and just getting a tailgater or similar type ramp, or having the dovetail/gate made for it, not sure what would make the most sense.

On my ram I can still fit a 48" between the wheel wells, so currently thinking one 30" commercial exmark mower and one 48" turf tracer. Main reason for this setup will be parking it every night an affordable enclosed secure storage spot, which wouldn't be possible with a truck and trailer. Looking for efficiency, but also the capability to do most any lots we would normally service within that route area to keep it tight, hence the larger mowers than the standard 21" setup. Thanks for your input!
What will you do with the grass clippings?
  #136  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 PM
205mx 205mx is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
What will you do with the grass clippings?
Ha ha ha ha
Posted via Mobile Device
  #137  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Mow Mony Mow Mony is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
What will you do with the grass clippings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Ha ha ha ha
Posted via Mobile Device
mowers will be setup to mulch. If we do need to bag, we will leave the clippings, same as we do now with trailers.
__________________
MJslawn.com - Virginia Beach and Chesapeake Lawn Care
  #138  
Old 01-21-2014, 11:09 PM
205mx 205mx is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,831
That's why I said ha ha ha. Nobody here bags. Nobody.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #139  
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 678
I try not to bag, but it is difficult to mulch a fertilized lawn in April & May, unless you double cut it & still it is noticeable. I was thinking of setting up a F-150 with a BTL-R ramp & a 30" Exmark & a 20" Honda to do small 1000 to 2000 square foot lawns. But I thought I would need space on the truck for 4 or 5 tall 44 gallon cans for the clippings.
  #140  
Old 01-21-2014, 11:22 PM
205mx 205mx is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
I try not to bag, but it is difficult to mulch a fertilized lawn in April & May, unless you double cut it & still it is noticeable. I was thinking of setting up a F-150 with a BTL-R ramp & a 30" Exmark & a 20" Honda to do small 1000 to 2000 square foot lawns. But I thought I would need space on the truck for 4 or 5 tall 44 gallon cans for the clippings.
discharge?
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.08338 seconds with 9 queries