Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
This house is a far cry from the picture they posted before of their house. I know "the plumbers toilet gets fixed last" but they can't take care of their own lawn?

I dunno, the whole thing sounded amazing at first. All of his posts were awesome. The concept was almost genius. I think it was just a little over inflated by people speculating.
Wasn't the picture of TJ's house? Or was it his fathers? Could be an investment property?

Who knows???
Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All illegals.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Twenty pages later and still no supporting facts. Nobody has ever worked for this place? Has anybody called their old number to see if its still in service? No way this company continues to exist without a website or advertising. Still no sightings of their vehicles running around? I figured with all the man crushes on here somebody would have copycatted the concept in every major metro area. Unless..........it doesn't work!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Twenty pages later and still no supporting facts. Nobody has ever worked for this place? Has anybody called their old number to see if its still in service? No way this company continues to exist without a website or advertising. Still no sightings of their vehicles running around? I figured with all the man crushes on here somebody would have copycatted the concept in every major metro area. Unless..........it doesn't work!
Posted via Mobile Device
I would assume many have copied it...although that's only an assumption. The concept seems that it would work.

I think if others haven't tried is because they're afraid??? Or, companies are large enough while pricing yards accordingly...however they claimed those were the market prices.

Who knows...a lot of confusing details to be honest.

I will say this...there's a company in my service area that just built a website between 1-2 years ago. At this point, there around 2-3 million in sales. Maintenance...not landscaping with inflated numbers. So...some companies don't need a website other than just a trophy case.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Patriot, Actually I can make a confirmation they STILL DO EXIST. The customer I mentioned I had spoken to that was going to switch over to my services, I spoke with her on the phone today to arrange a time to go drop off the contact and I have to go over there next week to do some tree trimming. She's originally from Dallas, however, she requested a service from Just Mowing not long ago to get rid of her winter over growth. She told me today, they showed up Tuesday in the ice and were there to mow. She told them she didn't need or want their service anymore and they obviously said they had to charge her anyway. So they went ahead and mowed Tuesday when it was icing. ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT SHE TOLD ME TODAY, She told me today that JustMowing subcontracts and every time the guys come out their not in Uniform and are usually in a different regular old "work truck." So now my question is, are they subcontracting just in Austin, or is this in Dallas to? The customer is from Dallas and from what she told me, they were doing the same thing there, subcontracting and we're not showing up in Uniform. So the real question, has anyone actually seen these JustMowing trucks?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Boy that's just what I representing my company. A different nonuniformed crew in a regular old work truck every time does not sound like the path to customer retention and any kind of quality control. They really showed up to mow a frozen yard and demanded payment when they were told they weren't needed? Unless they had a contract I would have said to piss off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Boy that's just what I representing my company. A different nonuniformed crew in a regular old work truck every time does not sound like the path to customer retention and any kind of quality control. They really showed up to mow a frozen yard and demanded payment when they were told they weren't needed? Unless they had a contract I would have said to piss off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now I can't tell you nothing about their contracts or how they are operating. I haven't even heard about Just Mow it until I picked up this client and until I read about them on the forum. The lady is a sweet old lady and it kind of ticked me off when she told me about the frozen ground thing. Supposedly this JustMow it has a location, or what they call a "location" in Austin. They were charging her 48.00 to come out to the suburbs and I just so happen to be servicing the neighbor and she was outside so I walked up and started a conversation with her. These lot's are small, in small I mean 1,000 or less square foot of front lawn and 1,500 and less on the back lawns. Very small. I can understand a high price though especially if your in the city and have to travel. That's understandable. We all know how fuel prices are. But like you said, coming on the day we got ice, then refusing to not NOT service the lawn that day when the customer asked isn't right. She also talked down on their quality, because supposedly a different crew showed up from the last crew, whom she didn't like. She says they show up in different plain "Work Trucks" which supports what she says about the sub-contracting. Because you know if you've ever subcontracted someone for a job or you've subcontracted for someone, who ever your subcontracting for wouldn't want you to have magnets or decals on your truck. Then something popped in my mind earlier when thinking about this post. I had someone contact me out of Austin earlier, asking me to sub contract. Said they had work lined up Monday through Sunday. However, he never got back with me by email or phone. I'm wondering if this was Just Mow It. After doing some reading about the company, supposedly they have "so many" trucks out there. Has anyone ever seen a truck that actually says "Just Mow It? In Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and wherever else they serve?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not to start anything but maybe we don't want seen?
By we I mean just mow it, me. I personally think a website is about silly and unneeded. At no where as big as just mowit I can imagine they catch to much grief about it all, know I do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone wanting a dovetail bed to put on a
Ford ranger to haul any mower size up to 900 lbs
I have last one for sale$ 300.00 cash.
It is a 78" wide witha full gate . Have it on YouTube search
Dovetail landscape bed
It don't have a cage anymore , check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
Not to start anything but maybe we don't want seen?
By we I mean just mow it, me. I personally think a website is about silly and unneeded. At no where as big as just mowit I can imagine they catch to much grief about it all, know I do.
Posted via Mobile Device
No way do you get to the purported numbers they claim by not Googling lawn mowing in whatever city and them coming up first every time. How else would you propose building a consistent base of thousands of customers without advertising? Not word of mouth I can tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread