Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And off what picture perfect stated I will add for most markets it is posible to just run out of new clients. The population hits a tipping point where the do it yourself majority, your current client list and your lost customers and the avoid the guy from word of mouth folks leaves a very small potential future client base, it will depend on the market area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
A web page is impossible for me, I have looked into it
I would need 94 individual names to get my name in front of my clients as I don't work from a single area.
At least that is what I believe . Miss jones in town needs a quote se looks up lawncare in Nashville.... Bing there I am? If I understand that correctly I would need a site like
XLS of Lawrence, Giles , Hickman, Putnam,Cheatham,Davidson..... For 94 counties let alone the numbers of sites needed to get on searches like city name.(Nashville -miss jones searches Brenwood,Franklin,Merfreesboro all around Nashville.

I found it much easier to place flyer specifically into clients hands that we wanted to prevent the odd out of route client like just mow it gets.

If a web page guru can inform me how to get one page to represent my company and come up on searches pm me .
Posted via Mobile Device
Its called SEO.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2014, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
A web page is impossible for me, I have looked into it
I would need 94 individual names to get my name in front of my clients as I don't work from a single area.
At least that is what I believe . Miss jones in town needs a quote se looks up lawncare in Nashville.... Bing there I am? If I understand that correctly I would need a site like
XLS of Lawrence, Giles , Hickman, Putnam,Cheatham,Davidson..... For 94 counties let alone the numbers of sites needed to get on searches like city name.(Nashville -miss jones searches Brenwood,Franklin,Merfreesboro all around Nashville.

I found it much easier to place flyer specifically into clients hands that we wanted to prevent the odd out of route client like just mow it gets.

If a web page guru can inform me how to get one page to represent my company and come up on searches pm me .
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you be successful without a website? Sure.

Why would anyone want to go without the number one way that our customers look for our services? I dont know why.

That would be like not having any yellow page ad 15 years ago.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have turnover like it is said justmowit has/ had
or I would have to do it different indeed,
We get an average of 10 per town/ off of the standard advertising ways. To start over today it would be a trip to try and grow fast,
Most of my crews I start today would get 15-20 startup clients15% under market ( to cover cost )
Then every month after the initial spring Grab up will be marked up 30% over our average price. This will bring in 3-5 more clients for the truck come fall seed, fertilize and cleanups will add 5-7 new clients so in a year a truck will gain 20 on the low side. The second year we raise the discounted clients to be on par with the company flat rate.
And then it's a repeat and over 3-5 years the truck hits 75-100( depending on turf size ) and a new crew is added and the process is repeated with a different business name.( each truck is basicly a new company.
Now considering my size is not near just mow it I will say
We handle 100's is flyers, newspapers, radio ads and get more calls then I care to count( 4 phones) to replace or add 200 clients slowly every year
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2014, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Something has always been fishy from day 1 about just mow it. I think the idea was great it seemed to make sense. But I the only ones who know their numbers and how they operate is them. All we can do is base our assumptions on facts, and right now, the facts don't add up.

When their website was running, it seemed like a key tool for their business. They used it to advertise about their vacation get-a-way giveaway they had, a video from the GM, and even a page to check to see if they service your area. It was loaded with information where a new customer could learn a lot about them. But to have it suddenly missing? To depend so heavily on advertising to replace the churn of customers but no website? To be as large as they say and have no SEO? No trucks seen? Not even a lot of LCO's that service that area talk about competing with them? If they do so many EDDM, no one has got one?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
Can you be successful without a website? Sure.

Why would anyone want to go without the number one way that our customers look for our services? I dont know why.

That would be like not having any yellow page ad 15 years ago.
actually, if you do a search on here for yellow pages, you will see a lot of LS members saying 2003-2004 was their last year for YP ads. That's 10-11 years ago.

I dropped mine in 02-03 (can't recall which) and I didn't have a website back then either.

Im researching a company right now that is thinking about selling (they called me)
They have 500k of work sold on the books for this year.
They have NO website (seriously I looked…it was kind of annoying) AND they have NO YP ads.

It's all reputation and word of mouth. Three partners who net work within their business community, but you can't find an ad or online presence for them at all!

Not everyone does things the same way.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is to early this year to say( our memphis guys seen them under their other name mentioned up through the season last year) generally the masses of mowing guys won't do much in memphis until after April 1st.

The grass is still brown there for most lawns. We just hit weed control and 32-0-0 fert to green up last week and are doing clean ups currently.( things JMI don't do)

It will be after the 18th this month before we work out our scheduling .
It won't mean a lot, but by mid April I can say if they are gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only FACT that we have is they don't have a website. Beyond that it's assumptions and here-says.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
The only FACT that we have is they don't have a website. Beyond that it's assumptions and here-says.

Who is "they"…I'm totally lost here. Are we talking about justmowit, or 35dollah?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
Who is "they"…I'm totally lost here. Are we talking about justmowit, or 35dollah?
Justmowit.
Closed Thread