Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2000, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering what funny or wierd excuses you<br>may have heard from workers or customers?<br>Nothing exciting over here form customers<br>and the workers usually ***** about<br>hangovers.I fire the people with hangovers.<br>So all in all pretty dull.<br>Any one got something good?<p>Karl<br>
Old 04-13-2000, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

I had a customer call me for a estimate. I was 5 minutes down the road, So I said sure I will stop by. His lawn was half cut and he had blood all over the front of his shorts and running down his leg. He asked me how much I would charge to finish it for him. I first asked him if he was ok, he said he had a vasectomy yesterday and his stiches opened up. You had to be there! I finished the guys lawn for him on the spot, he later told me his wife was driving him &quot;NUTS&quot; that is why he had to get out of the house and cut the lawn. He is now one of my best customers. <br>
Old 04-13-2000, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The funniest excuse for an employee not being able to come to work: &quot;I got a pimple on my butt&quot; No lie! Even my kids thought that was lame so they made a certificate for &quot;Lamest Excuse&quot; to give to the guy. Needless to say, he is no longer with us. <br>Second funniest excuse: Young, lovesick guy calls up to say he won't be coming to work because his liver hurts. After this happened several times we figured out that his liver wasn't the organ that was the problem. He didn't last long as an employee either.
Old 04-13-2000, 06:14 PM

I had an employee tell me he was going to atlanta to visit relatives about every other weekend , starting friday morning. I know for a fact that he never went one time. I would call his elderly mamas house and here him in the background tellin her whispering &quot;tell him I am not here&quot; What a goof
Old 04-13-2000, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a client one time that always asked me to trim a 14' high hedge, on a steep slope on the day I would visit his property. I already had told both wife and husband that they had to give me notice beforehand that they wanted the hedge trimmed. I needed to use a helper to hold orchard latterís for safety. They didn't like the fact that they had to pay me $15 per hour for this man for just holding the latter. Well one time he got pissed off at me and fired me on the spot for refusing to do the hedge because he had a party 2 days later. Two days later, get a phone call from the wife asking me to come over. The husband's hand been all wrapped up in bandages. <br>After he fired me, he went down to Home Depot and bought a gas hedge trimmer and an extension ladder. While he was trimming the upper part of the hedge, the latter slipped from under him, the machine did a partial amputation of his left pinky and fourth finger. Guess who does the hedge now? I even get a months notice also.<br>Jean<p><br>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044<br>
Old 04-13-2000, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had a guy working for me a few years ago, he called to say he couldn't make it to work because his di_ _ got caught in his pants zipper and he had to go to the hospital to get it looked after. He ended up getting stiches. I didn't ask to see the proof. The really bad part is last weekend the guy's common law wife won 1.9 million in the 649.. and she's not bad looking either
Old 04-13-2000, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is her name Mary?
Old 04-13-2000, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

No, it is Barbara, <br>I'm in Ontario.
Old 04-13-2000, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That was just an attempt at humor with the reference to the movie &quot;There's Something About Mary&quot;. If you haven't seen it....similar thing with the zipper deal. <br>
Old 04-15-2000, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That was a cool movie. Feel sorry for the <br>guy with the vasectomy,thats gotta hurt.