Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinman22487
Awesome work you've done. I like the second picture the best, its a good angle.
Did you make that bridge or buy a kit and put it together?

No, someone else installed the retaining wall around the retention pond.

Sorry about the delay, we built it by having a local metal fabricator build the frame, then we added the wood. I believe its 10' long, 3' wide. THe wood is Ironwood.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you want to make a filter yourself i would suggets a settlement chamber, at least two chamber. with nothing in the 1st and some sort of media in the second. this is cheap and will work the best for a DIY filter. If you use a milk crate in the pond it will be a pain the the a** to clean.
I would not suggest AS filter of any sort.. if you buy one of AS's filter you might as well buy a filter that will work.

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Aquascape Design System Only. The System has been tested and performs. besides that- if you have issues you can call for help.
There stuff works!
Dont mess around with the other junk out there. It may look okay when you install- but what about a month or 6mos to a year later? Are they going to be able to referryou for the job? If you research whats available on the market and the companies- you will want to use Aquascape designs.
If anyones in Wisconsin- subcontract your work to us!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista
I use Aquascape Design System Only. The System has been tested and performs. besides that- if you have issues you can call for help.
There stuff works!
Dont mess around with the other junk out there. It may look okay when you install- but what about a month or 6mos to a year later? Are they going to be able to referryou for the job? If you research whats available on the market and the companies- you will want to use Aquascape designs.
If anyones in Wisconsin- subcontract your work to us!
I went to an aquascape plunge seminar on wednesday. Let me tell you, they are a little too amway/cult for me. I really like the way they advertise their product thought and stand behind their products. But trying push me into buying a $2000 dollar excellence program was a little too much. You sound to me like you have not tried the "other junk." I was looking at the savio products and comparing them to the aquascape. Let me tell ya it was no comparision, as far as product quality. I emailed savio a week ago and never got a response. In that regard aquascape has the edge.

I think if I do decide to use aquascape I will keep them at a distance. I don't feel like being part of a cult.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2006, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know about savio custimer service but it think the product is far superior. Have you seen and As pond a year later? early srping? the rocks are allin the bottom the spray foam is showing, the waterfall is falling apart and there is srting algae all over the place..
As has the edge only because they mass market and advertise like crazy. ill take a savio, oase, ulitma II filter over ANy AS system any day.

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2h20
i dont know about savio custimer service but it think the product is far superior. Have you seen and As pond a year later? early srping? the rocks are allin the bottom the spray foam is showing, the waterfall is falling apart and there is srting algae all over the place..
As has the edge only because they mass market and advertise like crazy. ill take a savio, oase, ulitma II filter over ANy AS system any day.
I loved during the plunge seminar how they told us, there is no reason to try anything else. Our product is proven. That tells me right there that I need to try something else! Aquascape has a great setup for people wanting to make quick money. The marketing is there...everything comes in a box...even the support is there. I just wish they would put more time in their designs. What good is quick money if you can't provide quality?

Anyway N2H20 you seem like you are someone that wants to put out a quality product. I have heard those names floating around as quality products from several other people. I hope to try them in the future and compare.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2006, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2h20
BTW I really like the way your website is set up for the customers to buy maintenance products. Thats a great idea.

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks.. i am herer to help.. if you ever need help with a design or filtration or anything pond ill do my best to help you or anyone... ive gotten a ton of info off this site and will do my part to pay it back...

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 02-11-2006, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks....I will be sure to take you up on that in the future!

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-11-2006, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsogr
I went to an aquascape plunge seminar on wednesday. Let me tell you, they are a little too amway/cult for me. I really like the way they advertise their product thought and stand behind their products. But trying push me into buying a $2000 dollar excellence program was a little too much. You sound to me like you have not tried the "other junk." I was looking at the savio products and comparing them to the aquascape. Let me tell ya it was no comparision, as far as product quality. I emailed savio a week ago and never got a response. In that regard aquascape has the edge.

I think if I do decide to use aquascape I will keep them at a distance. I don't feel like being part of a cult.
Yes- they are pushy in the marketing.
I have seen other products in action. And yes- i want the support. PS We did not pay 2000 for an excellence program either. But their training and support is great!