Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2006, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Need some feedback on Yazoo/Kees Diesel Mower

Do any of you guys run this mower? What kind of experience have you had on it. Also what did any of you guys pay on it? Thanks

M G
Old 02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had one good machine. I would probably still have it but my dealer was and is getting screwed by carswell. I checked it out it is true. My dealer is good to me and so he ended up taking it on trade for an Encore Diesel. The Yazoo is a good smooth machine and has very good power! The only draw back is the length of the machine and the spindles are a little weak! There are several guys in this area with them and everyone is pretty happy with the machine.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A good member to ask about the Yazoo is Rebelmachine he has one with almost 2000hrs. on it. He is the diesel king in this area using 9 diesel powered Z mowers.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two 34hp 72" YK Mega Max mowers they have been really good except the spindles are weak. My dealer fixed that problem by putting encore spindles in the machine. Make sure you have a good dealer which I do.

Green King is right about carswell I will probably be trading my YK mowers in for something else because of unfair treatment to my dealer. I have become good friends with my dealer and he treats me right. After reading some of the posts by envy I just could not understand why he was having so many problems because my dealer has just taken care of me. Now my dealer is being harrassed because he also carries other lines and carswell is trying to dictate what he sells. Also they have apparently or are going to try to sell directly to the public around here. Very Dumb on there part I am not going to buy from someone I can not look straight in the face and get a problem solved.

As far as the Yazoo product it is good but the support from carswell is poor and I would recommend that if your dealer is distribated by carswell I would buy from someone else.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hi yes the yazoo is a great mower and mine gives the best cut out of any mower i have used. they are up there with all the good ones..
Old 02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Milo is correct the YK does do a good cut except it does a lot of blow out in the front of the deck.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will second the blow out, not as bad on the 72" as the 61".
Old 02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

As I just finished stating in the other thread, yes Carswell sucks. But once you have been as far down that road as I have, you'll figure out they are just following protocol.

You'll figure that out when you get fed up enough to pick up the phone and go around Carswell to call someone at Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf-Electrolux. It won't take long to figure out you just went from bad to worse.

BOTH are headquartered here in North Carolina.

If they do like I hope they do and run themselves completely in the ground, hopefully someone decient will buy them up. What they need is a good "Hatchet Man" owner. If someone AXED the whole management chain and replaced the support structure, that would take care of a large portion of the problem. Then they would need someone to crack the whip in raw materials, design, process, and most of all quality control and distribution. The product has potential. But not so long as it is owned and managed by this bunch...

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got off the phone with my dealer and I am sure that Green King and I are using the same guy. Anyhow I have traded mine off now for diffrent equipment I stayed with my dealer who flat does what it takes to take care of me and just about every cutter around here. Too bad for Yazoo I think there is going to be a lot of Yazoo on ebay for sale!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
As I just finished stating in the other thread, yes Carswell sucks. But once you have been as far down that road as I have, you'll figure out they are just following protocol.

You'll figure that out when you get fed up enough to pick up the phone and go around Carswell to call someone at Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf-Electrolux. It won't take long to figure out you just went from bad to worse.

BOTH are headquartered here in North Carolina.

If they do like I hope they do and run themselves completely in the ground, hopefully someone decient will buy them up. What they need is a good "Hatchet Man" owner. If someone AXED the whole management chain and replaced the support structure, that would take care of a large portion of the problem. Then they would need someone to crack the whip in raw materials, design, process, and most of all quality control and distribution. The product has potential. But not so long as it is owned and managed by this bunch...
What am I missing? What is Carswell and how do they come into the picture? I feel I'm being thick skulled but.... thanks Matt