Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2001, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, any of you guys use lebanon fert? A guy at my nursery is trying to sell me on these products, good prices but never heard of them.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My local Shemin's Nursery sells Lebanon Turf products. I've only personally used their starter fert. It worked!...so I say go for it!

2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 04-12-2001, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lebanon has a consumer line, a professional line, and a golf course line. So it depends on what he is trying to sell you, to determine the value to you. I have used the golf line, fairway grade products for years, and my lawns are always getting raves.

Consumer line (Greenview, Green Gold) are ok for a homeowner. Lebanon Pro is better if you try for higher quality lawns. But in 20 years, I have not found anything to beat Lebanon's Country Club golf line.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Groundspkper-why would you use a fairway grade fertilzer on your lawn?The pellet size being smaller adds considerably to the cost,but is the same makeup as the larger pellet sized for lawns,and taller grass.I use elite size particles-on my bent grass,but whereever I can get away with it-I use the regular size.I have never bought or used Lebenon,but I would given the chance,with competive costs.I pay about $10 a bag to fertilize 11000,of most varietys.The smaller particles cost as much as 36 for the same 11000 sq ft treated.Smae variety-just smaller pellets.
Old 04-13-2001, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Lebanon golf line because I have not found anything else that provides the combo of slow release N and numerous micros in one composite product. The fairway grade is the cheaper, larger particle. The greens grade is the smaller, more expensive particles - waste of money to use this on ornamental turf. When the customer realizes the overall healty aspect of their turf with premium products, I have no problem charging appropriate fees for relatively expensive products - my product cost to fert 11K would be $17.50 to $20.75.

Most fertilizer products are blends, just a mixture if various ingredients in one bag. So you have particles of N, particles of K, etc. These particles are different densities, so each blended particle has a different density. Therefore each component spreads differently, even when coming out of the hopper at the same time. The lighter particle types will not be spread as wide as the heavy types.

A composite contains the same proportion of each component in each particle, so all particles are the same density. Of course this is more expensive to produce. But when you apply a composite product, you are applying the same ingredient to every square foot of your treatment area.
Old 04-13-2001, 08:04 AM
Sponsor

Try Lebanon's Proscape line. This product line is all homogeneous just like the Country Club Line, however it is designed for lawn care. Also, their Greenskeeper line is also homogeneous, methylene urea product
Old 04-16-2001, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lebanon Fert ?

Rich,
Check out their web site. www.lebturf.com They have an ad in March 2001 Turf Magazine. I'm going to check them out and see if I have a local supplier.
Good Luck,
Mowman
Old 04-16-2001, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

We have used the Lebanon Pro Series with excellent results. We have used the starter fertilizer with new seeding and have had compliments on the work. Customers have been very happy with results. We get ours from Shemin Nurseries.
Old 04-16-2001, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am going tomorrow to pick up my first purchase of Lebanon Turf Products. I am going to give the fert plus Confront a try.

Have been using Terra products for last few years. But, I really want to try this Confront broadleaf weed control. It should allow me to cut my spraying if it works the way they claim. I hope to cut my spot spraying to even a lower amount then what I do now.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

thinking about changing fertilizers

well i have been using lesco products for a year now. I had a friend of mine showed me the article about the lebanon products. Do they have a program like the lesco program? Just reading some of the posts. How well does it work? What is the cost per bag? What kind of results? Is time efficient? thanx for the help

the new guy.