Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olylawnboy
I'm not much of a fisherman so I have to ask, why would one want or need a fast bass boat much less the worlds fastest? I just have no clue
Bass tournaments are won by those who know where the fish are. First one to an area has dibs on it. You get there first, catch the most fish, and be back to the dock for weigh-in. The faster the boat, the more time to fish.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 02-07-2006, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS
Bass tournaments are won by those who know where the fish are. First one to an area has dibs on it. You get there first, catch the most fish, and be back to the dock for weigh-in. The faster the boat, the more time to fish.
Very true. Don't forget about the down time when fishing rivers. You have to stop and wait at each lock. Sometimes you could be there for over an hour waiting.

kc
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TLS and kc, thanks for your insight. Like I said, I had no clue. And I didn't even know bass lived in rivers. So this is really a sporting event? Where is this done? The lakes in my neck of the woods have speed limits and I can't really see a bunch of high powered boats zipping aroung like that at those speeds. But what do I know.
And GEO, I won't even pretend to understand your comment. Did I say something to piss you off?
WSDA# 65537
Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
TLS and kc, thanks for your insight. Like I said, I had no clue. And I didn't even know bass lived in rivers. So this is really a sporting event? Where is this done? The lakes in my neck of the woods have speed limits and I can't really see a bunch of high powered boats zipping aroung like that at those speeds. But what do I know.
And GEO, I won't even pretend to understand your comment. Did I say something to piss you off?
OLY--I owe you an apology. I hope you will pardon me for not understanding that you haven't a clue of what you speak.

I didn't understand the situation of you being genuinely uninformed and I wound up being the smartass by responding like I did. which BTW, I am a smartass.

rather than me going into it, why don't you google "bass fishing"?

I am certain there are many articles that can explain better than myself.

again, sorry for me being a smartass.

GEO
Old 02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks GEO, your a good man. And so for you to know, I didn't google it as I was seeing it here at the time, and in hind sight I would have. I had no idea what to goggle Right now I have no idea how such a thing can take place, maybe the lakes in your or other areas are large enough and unocupied enough to alow this kind of activity. It shure couldn't happen here, and it does sound kind of fun So, this is a contest to catch the most fish, #'s of fish? Not just the biggest fish? Any links to help me understand this all?
WSDA# 65537
Old 02-08-2006, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

most weight over limited time, and a limit to the number of fish as well. So you'll see an early start over somewhat calmer water, typically at speed to the whatever preferred spot, fish to bitter end (relocate as needed), blast back to the dock. Once you're at your qty limit you start releasing little ones as you catch bigger ones.

I'm not aware of the pro's trying to go 100 mph. At some point it's only saving seconds and taking insane risks. I'd guess 200-225 hp to still be the upper end norm.

Yes, plenty of big lakes in the MW, South, and etc..
Old 02-08-2006, 05:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks GEO, your a good man. And so for you to know, I didn't google it as I was seeing it here at the time, and in hind sight I would have. I had no idea what to goggle Right now I have no idea how such a thing can take place, maybe the lakes in your or other areas are large enough and unocupied enough to alow this kind of activity. It shure couldn't happen here, and it does sound kind of fun So, this is a contest to catch the most fish, #'s of fish? Not just the biggest fish? Any links to help me understand this all?
Ive been out of the loop for a few years, but do a search for B A S S. It is a national fishing tournament series and it even has a local level of competition that is found in all the states. Also the Walmart FLW series is another group that has fishing tournaments. ESPN on saturday carries alot of the tournaments and highlights as well as the final weigh ins to see who wins

wayne

Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

fishes a lot of the local tournments around here we have a club that we fish
about 5 lakes in the area, its great to get out on the water and just relax
cant wait till march when they start up again, and btw you dont have to have the fastest boat to win !!!! ya just gotta know where the fish are !!!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardmanlee
fishes a lot of the local tournments around here we have a club that we fish
about 5 lakes in the area, its great to get out on the water and just relax
cant wait till march when they start up again, and btw you dont have to have the fastest boat to win !!!! ya just gotta know where the fish are !!!
Im 2 lakes from you, Im near the lower end of Leesville Lake, former member of the Staunton River Bassmasters

wayne

Old 02-08-2006, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we fish smith moutian lake, clator lake, philpot lake/ res.lake moomaw and
kerr/ buggs island