Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2001, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been looking all over Ga. and the internet for a distributor of this product. Does any one out there have any idea where I can find this stuff? I'm getting desparate now.
If no Trimec then any other product that will work over Centipede to kill post emerg. Crabgrass.
Thanks
Dennis
Old 04-13-2001, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There has been some indication that Dimention has some postemmergent effect on crabgrass. I belive it needs to be before the crabgrass sends out runners though. I'm not certain what stage your crabgrass problem is in. You may want to cheak with one of the turf schools in your area. I wish I could be more help but I am not terribly framiliar with southern turf.
Good Luck,
Jim L
Old 04-13-2001, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dennis- I am not aware than trimec southern has any affect on crab. dimension has post to the 3 leaf stage and pre for 8 weeks or so, similar to barricade. I'm in northern Arkansas, and we have no centipede. I have seen it in southern Ar and it looks like zoysia or common bermuda to me, which may mean that Drive, msma, image, trimec plus, might work. msma is the cheapest, mix up some and test it on an inconspicuos spot. No burn? no crabgrass problem. I mix it w/ 2 quarts ferromec/100 gallons to offset yellowing properties. Dave