Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
DUSTYCEDAR's Avatar
DUSTYCEDAR DUSTYCEDAR is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 5,173
i picked up the z plgur used and it came with the spray system option
i did not spray with it other then with some water in the driveway.
i have a z-sprayer intermeadant so i use that for spraying as it is a shorter machine and i can fit it in more places.
i do have the hopper on the z plugr and it rocks for lime and seed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I am familar with Walker boom sprayer with 33gal and 3 nozzle and I can empty that in 20K. I am spraying water saver kind of product so little
regard about nozzles. If I can get a half acre with the Rich I would be happy since we got a 250 gal supply tank. It sure would seem like it would be impossible to stretch 20 gals that far.
It's magic.

Sounds like you were running some 3/4 or 1 gallon tips on your walker deal. Thats what I mean....1/4 gallon tips are very low volume and you really increase your coverage area when you do it that way but I don't recommend it for folks that don't know exactly what they are doing and for those that aren't sure their machines are calibrated and running properly so you can time this all out.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
It's magic.

Sounds like you were running some 3/4 or 1 gallon tips on your walker deal. Thats what I mean....1/4 gallon tips are very low volume and you really increase your coverage area when you do it that way but I don't recommend it for folks that don't know exactly what they are doing and for those that aren't sure their machines are calibrated and running properly so you can time this all out.
I am going ahead and buy that sprayer from L.T. Rich for our machine. It comes with one set of nozzles, should I buy more than one set and what would you recommend? I am trying to come up to speed on nozzles but need to get the equipment since it is on sale. What manufacture of nozzles would you suggest....want to get some for my Walker to experiment.

My son is the one getting the liscenses and I am just the hardware guy...and will do calibration.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
WestGaPineStraw's Avatar
WestGaPineStraw WestGaPineStraw is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 760
Bought the zplug last April, with spray attachment. Best money I ever spent. Paid for itself in two months.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
Bought the zplug last April, with spray attachment. Best money I ever spent. Paid for itself in two months.
Posted via Mobile Device
How many sets of nozzles did you get and what brand are they?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
WestGaPineStraw's Avatar
WestGaPineStraw WestGaPineStraw is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 760
I use the lavender tips that came on it. Call lt rich they can run you through it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Yeah Ed. Do what West says. They can help you out but I suggest the lavender 1/3rd gallon per thousand tips, or the half gallon tips. The smaller the nozzle means you have to mix your concentrate "hotter" and for someone new you need to be careful and you have a nurse tank so just refill when needed and don't worry about massive coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Efficiency's Avatar
Efficiency Efficiency is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: zone 6
Posts: 1,098
You can't go wrong buying one of their products
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
I use the lavender tips that came on it. Call lt rich they can run you through it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Yeah Ed. Do what West says. They can help you out but I suggest the lavender 1/3rd gallon per thousand tips, or the half gallon tips. The smaller the nozzle means you have to mix your concentrate "hotter" and for someone new you need to be careful and you have a nurse tank so just refill when needed and don't worry about massive coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
You can't go wrong buying one of their products
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks everybody I am trying toget educated on this as fast as I can but age sometimes pulls backwards. I just want to have the hardware available and calibrated when we get the liscenses. After I get an initial calibration I am going to run a couple tests with speed zone. I got some experience with that in backpacks and temp is right, and we got plenty of growing weeds right now.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Thanks everybody I am trying toget educated on this as fast as I can but age sometimes pulls backwards. I just want to have the hardware available and calibrated when we get the liscenses. After I get an initial calibration I am going to run a couple tests with speed zone. I got some experience with that in backpacks and temp is right, and we got plenty of growing weeds right now.
Be careful with Speedzone. It's pretty powerful stuff. You might want to start out with some three way until you get it all dialed in.

Baby steps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.08178 seconds with 8 queries