Register free!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i picked up the z plgur used and it came with the spray system option
i did not spray with it other then with some water in the driveway.
i have a z-sprayer intermeadant so i use that for spraying as it is a shorter machine and i can fit it in more places.
i do have the hopper on the z plugr and it rocks for lime and seed
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I am familar with Walker boom sprayer with 33gal and 3 nozzle and I can empty that in 20K. I am spraying water saver kind of product so little
regard about nozzles. If I can get a half acre with the Rich I would be happy since we got a 250 gal supply tank. It sure would seem like it would be impossible to stretch 20 gals that far.
It's magic.

Sounds like you were running some 3/4 or 1 gallon tips on your walker deal. Thats what I mean....1/4 gallon tips are very low volume and you really increase your coverage area when you do it that way but I don't recommend it for folks that don't know exactly what they are doing and for those that aren't sure their machines are calibrated and running properly so you can time this all out.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
It's magic.

Sounds like you were running some 3/4 or 1 gallon tips on your walker deal. Thats what I mean....1/4 gallon tips are very low volume and you really increase your coverage area when you do it that way but I don't recommend it for folks that don't know exactly what they are doing and for those that aren't sure their machines are calibrated and running properly so you can time this all out.
I am going ahead and buy that sprayer from L.T. Rich for our machine. It comes with one set of nozzles, should I buy more than one set and what would you recommend? I am trying to come up to speed on nozzles but need to get the equipment since it is on sale. What manufacture of nozzles would you suggest....want to get some for my Walker to experiment.

My son is the one getting the liscenses and I am just the hardware guy...and will do calibration.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bought the zplug last April, with spray attachment. Best money I ever spent. Paid for itself in two months.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
Bought the zplug last April, with spray attachment. Best money I ever spent. Paid for itself in two months.
Posted via Mobile Device
How many sets of nozzles did you get and what brand are they?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use the lavender tips that came on it. Call lt rich they can run you through it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah Ed. Do what West says. They can help you out but I suggest the lavender 1/3rd gallon per thousand tips, or the half gallon tips. The smaller the nozzle means you have to mix your concentrate "hotter" and for someone new you need to be careful and you have a nurse tank so just refill when needed and don't worry about massive coverage.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't go wrong buying one of their products
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
I use the lavender tips that came on it. Call lt rich they can run you through it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Yeah Ed. Do what West says. They can help you out but I suggest the lavender 1/3rd gallon per thousand tips, or the half gallon tips. The smaller the nozzle means you have to mix your concentrate "hotter" and for someone new you need to be careful and you have a nurse tank so just refill when needed and don't worry about massive coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
You can't go wrong buying one of their products
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks everybody I am trying toget educated on this as fast as I can but age sometimes pulls backwards. I just want to have the hardware available and calibrated when we get the liscenses. After I get an initial calibration I am going to run a couple tests with speed zone. I got some experience with that in backpacks and temp is right, and we got plenty of growing weeds right now.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Thanks everybody I am trying toget educated on this as fast as I can but age sometimes pulls backwards. I just want to have the hardware available and calibrated when we get the liscenses. After I get an initial calibration I am going to run a couple tests with speed zone. I got some experience with that in backpacks and temp is right, and we got plenty of growing weeds right now.
Be careful with Speedzone. It's pretty powerful stuff. You might want to start out with some three way until you get it all dialed in.

Baby steps.