Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 AM
nherweck's Avatar
nherweck nherweck is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Erlanger, KY
Posts: 321
Condo Complex?

OK...I typed out a 4-5 paragraph bio/intro/question, but when I minimized this screen to check my email real quick, all the writing I typed disappeared...SOOO...I'm going to get straight to the point...

I found a condo complex that was being serviced by a local LC and they're getting out of the business, and they complex will be needing a new LC to pamper them. I'm not sure of the specs, I'm hoping I can talk to the manager of the condo complex to get all that (am I going in the right direction?). I know the guy was getting 25,000/year out of the complex for his work, so I have a pretty good guess at where I'll bid.

Now...What do I NEED to be eligible to place a bid on a commercial property in Northern KY? By the end of the week I'll have 1-2mil. gen. liability ins. I'm hoping to get commercial auto (not sure of value...what is recomended?). It'll either be just me or I'll sub-contract someone as this will be the ONLY account I need their help. Do any of you have an example 'agreement' I can use or work off of? In the agreement, should the yearly price be shown? Monthly? Per-Visit? Like I said earlier...I'm pretty new to the commercial bidding, so any help would be wonderful.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:16 AM
nherweck's Avatar
nherweck nherweck is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Erlanger, KY
Posts: 321
one more I right to ask a manager at the complex for specs and what would be required to be completed? Or is there some sort of unwritten rule for LCs to know all this? :-p
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Ky.Smoke Ky.Smoke is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 45
I am here in Louisville. You may need to look into getting workers comp. Alot of places around here require you to have it and pay it on any employees. Also if you are going to sub some of it out you need to get a contractors permit. Here in Louisville you have to apply through Metro Government I dont know about up there. You will also probably need to get a CPA to handle a 1099 for the contracted work. Hope this helps alittle.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.06729 seconds with 8 queries