Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2006, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscapelight
sheshovel, There are those who can sell it and there are those that can't. Those that can will do very well and live a nice lifestyle. Those that can't will struggle just get by or fold like so many others. Worst mistake a contractor can make is pre-deciding for a customer what they will or will not pay for something. If everyone was looking for the cheapest price you'd only see Kia's on the road and no Mercedes'. If you had some sense (and instead of mocking him) you'd realize that the price points Steve promotes are not only good for you as a contractor but good for the industry as a whole. I guess you can give a guy a fish and feed him for a day or you can teach him how to fish and feed him for life. Too bad some guys just don't want to learn how to fish. I guess that's why there are so many of the Generic knock-off fixtures available that were discussed in another post. Damn shame.
bingo...
some people do not realize what kind of money wealthy people spend...
we have clients that spend $500/month on having their dog groomed...
they will not bad an eye at spending $3k on something....
we have clients that spend $25-20K on an ugly painting (and many have works that are many times expensive).

you are not selling lights... you are selling a lifestyle enhancement.

you have to install a perceived value. And if you cannot sell it to yourself, then you cannot sell it to your customer.....

personally i want to get the most money for my work that i can.
as for the home cheapo junk.... it is just that... junk. I refuse to install the stuff....
if someone does not want to spend the $ on a high quality system.. they are not the clients i want, and will send them to lesser competition
bobcat T200
way too much other crap